• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
deadnail

The Future of Warfare

They predicted World War.
They predicted World War II.

And they've predicted World War III. At the end of it there's only gonna be a few hundred thousand survivors. Since I'm in one of the big five countries I'll probably die.

Bring it on, fuckers. Make me happy.

Anyway, I've done some thinking about future warfare and there are a few main points to cover.

1 • Ground Level Combat
=========================================
Far enough into the future humans will not participate in ground level combat. It will simply be robotic soldiers controlled by well trained people in front of a computer. Robots vs robots, and it boils down to a matter of user training and armaments. We already have small planes that are controlled by remote.
There shouldn't be any more Marines when Doom takes place, let alone Doom III. People in war would be obsolete.

2 • Combat Armor
Thin. Flexible. Customizable. Indestructable. Naturally, this tends to interfere with the concepts of a video game.

3 • Gunpods
Right now, it takes hours of work to disarm and rearm a piece of military equipment. It's the natural evolution of things to make all weapon styles consolidated.
A gunpod would be about the size of a motorcycle, a large one the size of a truck.
Military craft would have locking arms and hands that would grab the gun like you would, and simply lock it into place. While connected an uplink between the weapon and the craft would relay ammo info, damage statistics, and allow for main CPU guidance of missles.

So, am I trying to say that Doom 3 would only be realistic with an Android as the main character with an Einhander game style of weapon appearance and control?

Maybe.

Nonetheless this is war in the future, believe it or not.

Well, deady's got his soapbox out again, and I personally scared to shit... why you gotta talk about that stuff deady, its frightening.. ;-> Yet, you always have such damn good ideas.. curse you

S./

Even the though Combat Armor of the futur will be better, don't you think the weapons of the futur will still tear it apart. Our armor has gotten better and better through history, but our weapons have always penetrated it.

No man, WWIII wont be in the futur.
It's coming soon. Let me let you in on a secret.
The next war will start like this. Sometime after America's next election day {uh, tomorrow}, Suddam Hussian is going to destroy over 200 American cities, which mean, if you live in a popular city in America, I advise moveing to some crappy place.
He will destroy the cities with a germ called "Anthrax-Baccili".
The only way to survive this upcoming WWIII is to:
A: Run away to Canada.
B: Buy Colliodal Silver, an agent that imunes you to Anthrax.
-This is VERY important, take this seriouse.
Jeremy

K guy there is not going to be world war 3 in the near future. This is some stupid paranoia just like people are afraid that an asteroid is going to smash the earth. Where did you get this information? And how come it has not been publicized at all?

Jeremy said:

The next war will start like this. Sometime after America's next election day {uh, tomorrow}, Suddam Hussian is going to destroy over 200 American cities, which mean, if you live in a popular city in America, I advise moveing to some crappy place.
Jeremy

For the love of sweet crap I never said that WWIII was going to go down anytime SOON.

However, considering that WW and WWII have been predicted so damn near perfectly, it's only safe to follow the predictions for WWIII which clearly state that only a few hundred thousand people will survive. It's not clearly publicized 'cuz it doesn't need to be said. WWII was predicted a long time before it happened.

And as for you, Jeremy, I'm not going to drink liquid silver, sorry. I hope you hide under your bed, shaking in terror of the big mean Iraqis. Fruit.

Malice Rancor, hiya, you new here?
Good point about the armor.
Ever heard of the Five-seveN pistol, the FN? It shoots 5.7x28 MM bullets that can cut through 28 layers of Kevlar, or a car door. It has half the kickback of a 9mm, holds 20 rounds per magazine, is incredibly accurate and is now the choice sidearm of the British SAS?
Now *THAT'S* a weapon to fear.

Then again, when we talk about thick spider silk cloth and a diamond dusted titanium plate there's not a whole helluva lot that can cut through it. :)

Jeremy said:

Jeremy

Yeah so, Jer buddy, lay off the crack..

but yes, do run away to Canada, its a nice place... I live here, enjoy it very much...

except for you deady, I don't want you coming to my house and killing me while I sleep...

S./

SoKatH said:

Well, deady's got his soapbox out again, and I personally scared to shit... why you gotta talk about that stuff deady, its frightening.. ;-> Yet, you always have such damn good ideas.. curse you

S./

You pole stroking fiend!

And as for my soapbox, to quote my website:
"You will think what I want you to think. All I need now is a soapbox from which to incite my derailed trains of thought."

Relax, we'll probably be middle aged or even dead from lung cancer when WWIII rolls around. Who cares? Like you have something to live for anyway.

Except maybe your next rod snatching.

naw, I don't think I will, I think its cute.. ;->
awwww

and as for my next rod snatching.. man you shoulda seen the last one.. that was wild

(llama reamer)

S./

How dare you call me cute! You have no right! You sick bastard, you don't even know what I look like!

Why the fuck can't I go anywhere without guys hitting on me!? Jesus, its nauseating!

And don't start going on about your rod snatching or your ass thwacking, no one wants to hear it.

You, you, you, you fucking shit blister!

/me sticks tongue out at deady

running out of insults are we??

my theory is we should start a thread, me vs you and see how long we can keep it going for

S./

SoKatH said:

Yeah so, Jer buddy, lay off the crack..

but yes, do run away to Canada, its a nice place... I live here, enjoy it very much...

except for you deady, I don't want you coming to my house and killing me while I sleep...

S./

No wonder you're such a fuckwit. I was wondering what's wrong with you.

Stop calling me deady, or I'll castrate you in your sleep and duct tape your insignificant balls to your forehead.

actually were due for another holocaust in 2012...i mean a real holocaust like the definition, not the exermination of jews. and thats when the apocalypse will come if im not mistaken. you know something about the middle east and i think russia will destroy each other and there will be a fallout. i think that the 2012 thing is from the same phycic (i really can't spell today)that predicted there was something underneath teh sphinx's left paw that holds teh secrets of atlantis. and theyve found that room but they havent opened it yet. they have however foudn a series of catacombs beneath giza and a small and semingly insignificant tunnel inside of the pyramid of giza itself. insignifican becasue its so small but then humans back then were alot smaller so they couldve fit.and it says somewhere in the bible that there would be a alter to god on the border of and in the middle of egypt. and egypt used to be split into 2 and giza is right in teh middle of the original border. so its all conected, that is where it says how the apocalypse would occur ...anyway i think that will be ww3 so ...i forgot why i even posted this, but i agree with deadguy here

deadnail said:

No wonder you're such a fuckwit. I was wondering what's wrong with you.

Stop calling me deady, or I'll castrate you in your sleep and duct tape your insignificant balls to your forehead.

Yeah, why not just staple them there instead, it would be much more permanent... ka-chunk....

yeah, we say it aboot too... and live in igloos, in fact i'm sitting in the communal computer igloo right now.. damn its cold

(rectal rocketeer)

S./

Guest Spectre
Jeremy said:

Jeremy

Why run? You're gonna die someday anyway, so what's it matter.

masterhassan said:

There are a number of small religions throughout the world, including one in Brazil, and a couple of Asian ones, that all predict that the world will end around 2015.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

deadnail said:

Dude, that is going to happen.
Dont you know how many times Suddam has threatend us with Anthrax? He even tried destroying NewYork with it. The only thing that stopped him was the adultry commiting Bill Clinton. Now one of those two crackheads {bush/gore} are going to be elected president of the USA, which takes back the resignment of Billy bob. Now, Suddam has the perfect chance to kill us all.
The Government want to cover it up for some reason.
All of the sites about this have been taken off the internet.

SoKatH said:

Yeah, why not just staple them there instead, it would be much more permanent... ka-chunk....

yeah, we say it aboot too... and live in igloos, in fact i'm sitting in the communal computer igloo right now.. damn its cold

(rectal rocketeer)

S./

I live in Canada as well... right in Ontario! Oh sorry I gotta go! I think I hear a polar bear in my garbage again!

Jeremy said:

Dont you know how many times Suddam has threatend us with Anthrax? He even tried destroying NewYork with it. The only thing that stopped him was the adultry commiting Bill Clinton. Now one of those two crackheads {bush/gore} are going to be elected president of the USA, which takes back the resignment of Billy bob. Now, Suddam has the perfect chance to kill us all.

Yeah, well, I've seen sites that proclaim that the AIDS virus was God's design to just kill black people. You probably just took to heart someone talking out of their ass.

Jeremy said:

When will you learn not to take things so seriously. Especially when you read them on sites that also proclaim that Jesus, Mohamed and Buddah were all advanced forms of ferrets.

S./

Funny,you brought this subject up. I just got finished from reading a non-fict book called "The Commandos" And they have a section on what they believe what future wars would most likely be like. The book is really good,they talk about SpecOp soldiers from all branches in the U.S. So I'll just write down a few things I've read

The world is entering the "fourth-generation" of warfare. The battlefield will include the whole of the enemy's social structure internally will by the goal,rather than just destroying him physically. Targets will be military and civilian. Psychological operations will be important. The distinctions between war and peace"will be blurred to the vanishing point." Regular armies will shrink. Combat will be conducted by small,highly skilled,and independent teams of SpecOp
soldiers. They will be joined by border patrols,specially trained police, and antiriot troops.

Tomorrow's warriors will have to think small to survive. Future battlefields will be covered with tiny sensors to guide the fighting. The dinosaurs of the conventional age-the tanks,ships,and heavy bombers-will be replaced by mini-projectiles,precision-guided munitions, robots,and small remotely piloted vehicles in the air,on land or at sea. Battles for territory will be replaced by "surgical strikes" to blind sensors and destroy command and control centers.

Low-intensity conflicts will employ weapons banned in today's combat,such as nerve gas. Military bases "will be replaced by hide-outs and dumps," write a military historian. Regular armies will degenerate to police forces on one side and armed gangs on the other. Uniforms will be replaced by civilian clothes with insignias and armbands. Salutes and military chains of command will disappear. "It will be a war of listening devices and of car bombs, historian continues,"of men killing each other at close quarters,and of women using their purses to carry explosives and the drugs to pay for them. It will be protracted,bloody,and horrible."

My fingers are starting to cramp up,damn it!! So I'll just leave ya'll with this to think about. The Tsar's OUT!!