Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

DooM the movie...yet again

Everytime anything about DooM the movie gets posted, people go, "That would suck, all video game movies suck!"...SO WHAT IF IT SUCKS. There is no way in Hell you can tell me {unless you dislike DooM} that seing a CyberDeamon, a Cacodemon, an Imp, a Deamon, a Spider Master Mind, an Archvile, on the BIG SCREEN would not be cool! MY ASS. IT WOULD BE THE BEST MOVIE EVER! Even if the acting sucked! Besides, the story/movie would not be bad becuase if they made the movie, it would be based on the DooM novels, which rocked! I NEVER read, but man, I read those novels four times in a row. But I still feel hope for DooM the movie. I think it will be rushed and made after DooMIII. Keep jack-ass comments to yourself.

Fuck Jer, why do you have to ruin all my fun, I've got nothing but jackassed comments, I was gettin' all ready too..

;-P

S./

Lol @ SoKatH, but I do agree, seeing a cyber demon up on the big screen would be the best experince of my life (eccept the first time if ever played doom). But everytime doom the movie comes up Id software cans it cause the storys suck, the scripts are terroble and the sceens are gay. If theres going to be doom the movie it has to be what its about, true terror.

First of all your mad a UAC space marine because you nocked out your commanding officer for odering everyone to fire on civilions, you go up to the mare base only to find that the rest of the marines are coming out of the portals completly ripped apart, the Deimos dissapers and zombies of you dead comrades start hunting you down. Not to mention all the demon forms you encounter. This would make The Exorcist look like the Teletubes.

And besides that movies bassed on mars are mainstream right now, even though I hate trends, the movie needs to follow that mainstream. I mean come on, how many times have you played doom and walk into a room the lights go dark and you hear them imps snaraling behind the wall, you know if you pick up that blue key there going to come out, but if you dont pick up that blue key the deamon down the hall will eat you like Roseann eats chicken.

When I started playing doom I would start to fall asleep only waking hearing the sound of the reavants swinging arm by my ear. The game can be utterly scary, so they need to make a movie. And not all movies mad out of games sucked, Mortal Kombat kicked ass, the second one sucked, but... I will send an e-mail to the admin of this web site asking him to set up a poll after the current one "Do you think Doom:The movie would be a good idea."

Guest Johnny Kaos

I think it would be a good idea to have a Doom Movie.

I think they should avoid using big name actors though. I think big time actors kill the script with their presence somtimes. So I feel like they should get some new blood, but he better have the talent for acting.

A second Idea is that they could shift the focus on 1 main character to small unit like a lotta military movies do.
---few examples---
private ryan
3 kings
full metal jacket
hamburger hill
------------------

Then like in all these movies, the people watching the movie can pick favortie.

Oh yeah!!!!
somone has to die. Its a rule or some shit.

The squad story approach is an interesting idea. It could work, altough I would wait for DooM3 to be released to get some decent stuff for the storyline.

Someone has to die? Many of them, you say.
No one dies -> Family flic
1 guy dies -> Standard american movie
Many/all of them -> Could be a good movie (for the common people, not the fans)

Johnny Kaos said:

I think they should avoid using big name actors though. I think big time actors kill the script with their presence somtimes. So I feel like they should get some new blood, but he better have the talent for acting.

A second Idea is that they could shift the focus on 1 main character to small unit like a lotta military movies do.
---few examples---
private ryan
3 kings
full metal jacket
hamburger hill
------------------

Oh yeah!!!!

One word Johnny, FULL METAL JACKET RULES. Ok mabye 4.

Guest Spectre
Johnny Kaos said:

---few examples---
private ryan
3 kings
full metal jacket
hamburger hill
------------------

Oh yeah!!!!

I disagree, Doom is all about being alone, that's one of the key elements to what adds to the fear factor.

Perforator said:

One word Johnny, FULL METAL JACKET RULES. Ok mabye 4.

YEAH! FULLMETAL JAKET KICKED ARSE!!!
I love that movie!!!!!

Perforator said:

Doom is never set on Mars, the first episode is set on Phobos, which like Deimos is a moon of Mars. Mars is not invaded in the Doom storyline.

Ok Doom did take place one Deimos and Phobos. But just for the fuck of it (so we can judge the movie thought a little better, heres the doom 1 story.)

You're a marine, one of Earth's toughest, hardened in to combat and trained for action. Three years ago you assaulted a superior officer for ordering his soldiers to fire upon civilians. He and his body cast were shipped to Pearl Harbor, while you were transferred to mars, home of the Union Aerospace Corporation.

The UAC is a multi-planetary conglomerate with radioactive waste facilities on Mars and its two moons, Phobos and Deimos. With no
action for fifty million miles, your day consisted of suckin' dust and watchin' restricted flicks in the red room.

For the last four years in the military, UAC's biggest supplier, has used the remote facilties on Phobos and Deimos to conduct various projects, including research on inter-dimensional space travel. So far they have been able to open Gateways between Phobos and Deimos, Throwing a few gadgets into one and watching it come out the other.

Recently, however, the Gateways have grown dangerously unstable. Military "volunteers" entering them have disappeared or been stricken with some strange form of insanity -- babbling vulgarities, Bludgeoning anything that breathes, and finally suffering an untimely death of full-body explosion. Matching heads with torsos to send home to the folks became a full-time job. Latest Military reports state that the research is suffering a small set-back, but everything is under control.

A few hours ago, Mars received a garbled message from Phobos. "We require immediate Military support. Some fraggin' evil is coming out of the Gateways! Computer systems have gone beserk!" The rest was incoherent. Soon afterwards, Deimos simply vanished from the sky. Since then, attempts to establish contact with either moon have been unsuccessful.

You and your buddies, the only combat troop for fifty miles were sent pronto to Phobos. You were ordered to secure the perimeter of the base while the rest of them went inside. For several hours, your radio picked up the sounds of combat: guns firing, men yelling orders, screams, bones crackling, then finally, silence. Seems your budies are dead.

It's Up To You
Things aren't looking too good. You'll never navigate off the planet on your own. Plus, all the heavy weapons have been taken by the assault team leaving you with only a pistol. If only you could get your hands around a plasma rifle or even a shotgun you could take a few down on your way out. Whatever killed your buddies deserves a couple of pelets in the forehead. Securing your helmet, you exit the landing pod. Hopefully you can find more substantial firepower somewhere within the station.

As you walk through the main entrance of the base, you hear animal-like growls echoing throughout the distant corridors. They know you're here. There's no turning back now.

I'll post the doom2 story later.

Guest Bloodspill25
Jeremy said:

Everytime anything about DooM the movie gets posted, people go, "That would suck, all video game movies suck!"...SO WHAT IF IT SUCKS. There is no way in Hell you can tell me {unless you dislike DooM}

and the video game the x-men and the comics was made into a movie and it did not suck that bad so there is something to back that up.

Guest Hellspawn
Zaldron said:

The squad story approach is an interesting idea. It could work, altough I would wait for DooM3 to be released to get some decent stuff for the storyline.

Someone has to die? Many of them, you say.
No one dies -> Family flic
1 guy dies -> Standard american movie
Many/all of them -> Could be a good movie (for the common people, not the fans)

Yeah... look at Event Horizon. I love that movie. It kicks ass. Doom should have the same sort of psychological horror as that movie... Have the same template as Aliens... a unit of marines, marines get picked off one by one by the demons, as this happens, they slowly go crazy... until eventually there are only a couple left. Well, hell... people die a lot in the game... just make everyone die. For Doom 2 it can be a different marine...

Guest JudgeDooM
Johnny Kaos said:

---few examples---
private ryan
3 kings
full metal jacket
hamburger hill
------------------

Oh yeah!!!!

Yeah, at the start, the Doom movie was supposed to exist with Arnold Shwarzenegger being the space marine, but then, I had no more news...what a shame.

Guest algo
Johnny Kaos said:

---few examples---
private ryan
3 kings
full metal jacket
hamburger hill
------------------

Oh yeah!!!!

i think i agree that, if there ever is a Doom Movie (and i hope to God that there will be), it should not include many BIG big names... at first i thought Arnie would be an excellent choice, but you probably don't want any association with the actors in a movie like Doom...

start with someone fresh, particularly if a story IS going to be involved... do a Steven King and allow the audience to build an affinity with the character, before pitting them against terror.

perhaps Starship Troopers was a good example of this? that was more action, though... i'm hoping a Doom movie wouldn't be pure action but would rather be a bit more of a psychological thriller. michael ironside, however, was very cool in ST, and would probably be well-suited to a similar role in a doom movie. if the doom novels are anything to go by, he'd make a good "gunny goforth" (or even the dickhead CO (whose name eludes me)).

as far as focusing on 1 or many lives... while i believe that, as the game plays, a focus on just one character would be good to concentrate the sense of fear and lonliness in a twisted inhuman environment (just as the game does), i'm not sure how this could be effectively executed... can anybody give me an example of a movie where this approach has worked?

as a corollary... you'd prolly wanna avoid the cliche of the "individuals getting picked off"-style aliens approach... yes, Aliens has a lot that could inspire a Doom movie, but it HAS all been done before since.

i have a question to pose, for you all... horror/thriller, or action flick? and evil intelligent creatures/masterminds, or just a chaotic, mindless, destructive force?

i may post more later, if i can wake up...