Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Perforator

Hey what about the music.

It would be nice if Doom3 had a very creepy soundtrack. So when you have to run through a level away from a Cyber Deamon, that music will fucking creep you out. But during cool times, say you did something special, they need to have a song from a band playing.

Heres my thoughts for the bands.

Fear Factory
Rob Zombie
NIN
Sepultura
Gravity Kills
Deicide
MDFMK
Cannibal Corpse
Napalm Death
Pantera...

Hey bud, ya know that NIN is the band doing the title soundtrack (ala Q3A) for Doom 3, don't ya?

Besides, since every game now has an interactive soundtrack what you've asked for is a given. Personally, I liked Unreal's soundtrack.

BTW, please don't flame me about Half-Life or Q3's soundtrack. Half-Life was before interactive music in an FPS and Q3's soundtrack was just static.

So NIN is returning to do music for another Id game. I liked quake 1's soundtrack, it was creepy in its own way. Hey Deadnail hl and q3a'a soundtracks were cool man. All though I would like a bit more of something to pump me up in q3a.

Guest Bloodspill25

Another god band would be white zombie

Perforator said:

So NIN is returning to do music for another Id game. I liked quake 1's soundtrack, it was creepy in its own way. Hey Deadnail hl and q3a'a soundtracks were cool man. All though I would like a bit more of something to pump me up in q3a.

quakes soundtrack was just noise, little beeps and chiprs. only i think the third level had an actual song. and YOU FORGOT METALLICA. i mean c'mon they rule and E1M1 is basically master of puppets without the kickass solo(s). i like listening ot metallica while playing games that have crappy or no music. like i always listened to ...and justic efor all during half-life. no one cares so ill fut the shuck up now

Guest JudgeDooM
Perforator said:

You're right, I like very much Quake music, and I hope they're going to make the same style for Doom 3. Or better, Doom Playstation music!

masterhassan said:

quakes soundtrack was just noise, little beeps and chiprs. only i think the third level had an actual song. and YOU FORGOT METALLICA. i mean c'mon they rule and E1M1 is basically master of puppets without the kickass solo(s). i like listening ot metallica while playing games that have crappy or no music. like i always listened to ...and justic efor all during half-life. no one cares so ill fut the shuck up now

Dude, thank you so much, I keep on telling everone "e1m1 is bassed on the first cords of master of puppets" but they said "no an Id guy made that up him self, yes I forgoten his name." Now I found the person who acculay knows a metallica beat, not one of them fag posser who only like metallica cause they were on mtv and mi:2.

masterhassan said:

I almost forgot...
Dunt dunt dunt duh dunt dunt dunt duh dunt dunt dunt duh

FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS
TIME MARCHS ON
FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS

or if you prefur and justice for all, wait, i cant make a dunt duh out of them fast kick ass beats.

i could do the and justice for all intro with dunts.. "dla dla ddla deh didi dida dia deda dia. dla dla ddla deh didi dida dia deda dia. cha cha cha cheh chi chia chi che che ehi ehi ...-repeat-

Guest Ishiegg689
Perforator said:

Dude, thank you so much, I keep on telling everone "e1m1 is bassed on the first cords of master of puppets" but they said "no an Id guy made that up him self, yes I forgoten his name." Now I found the person who acculay knows a metallica beat, not one of them fag posser who only like metallica cause they were on mtv and mi:2.

level 19, doom 2 has the same drum track as a slayer song...

and SLAYER must be on this soundtrack

Guest DavoMan

no no no NO NO!!!!!!
Don't use death metal for the Doom soundtrack, its not scary at all, and ruins the theme to everyone apart from metalheads.

You need CRADLE OF FILTH doing the soundtrack to Doom 3.
Black metal would be the best bet. the origional doom music would be classed as close to that anyway, if it wasn't for the fact that it was MIDI.....

Blub!!

Guest Doomfreak671

Here are a list of my favourite bands (that exist):

Limp Bizcit
Bush
Metallica
Eminem
Placebo
Prodigy

Why not some of these add their own tunes to Doom 3

Some of the bands you suggested (e.g. Napalm Death etc) are good and will make nice creapy tunes. And it is a good idea for some nice creapy music when you're running away from cyberdemon (as you suggested) from some bands that I haven't listed.

Here's the bands that should'nt of been mentioned on your post. Limp biscut, bush, eminem, Placebo, and again limp biscut. I dont wanna here fred durst gay ass voice when I'm shooting the fuck out of a room full of former humans and imps, I wanna here the demon like screams of napalm death, cannibal corpse, (orignal fear factory), morbid angle, defintly deicide (deicide means kill your god), six feet under, nin, vader, and again CANNIBAL CORPSE. Cannibal corpse, napalm death, and deicide have deeper growls (vocals) then the voice of the cyberdemon, these bands will scare the shit out of you, if you dont believe me go dl Cannibal Corpse - Hacksaw Decapitation, Napalm Death - Contemptuous, Deicide - Satan spawn the caco daemon, Vader - Xeper, Fear Factory - Scapegoat, and Morbid Angle - Opening of the gates. And It would be kick ass if Mancubus made a song for the soundtrack.

But it has allready been decided, Trent Reznor is making the sounds, Music, and the fuck ups. So nothing we say is going to make a difference.