Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
deadnail

What 'iD' means.

Gee, thanks to the post before this one I now realize that there are some people in here who probably call iD Software Eye Dee Software.

It's iD. Say it like kid without the k.

What does it mean? Well, to quote Webster:
"the one of the three divisions of the psyche in psychoanalytic theory that is completely unconscious and is the source of psychic energy derived from instinctual needs and drives"

The word can be compared with Ego and Superego.

Bloody hell, I thought everyone knew! ;Þ

As for emailing Carmack, I sincerely doubt that anything we say is going to change his vision of Doom 3.

Thanks man, That question has been buging me and my friends for like 2 years now. We should have knowen it was pronounced id and not eye dee, We call ed there technical support line and the said this "id" software may we help you. I just could not saying wtf.

My site before was going to be all about console games, But fuck that. Now Im turning it into a doom wad file site, Ill only be reviewing them, I still need to learn how to code. But thanx again Deadnail.

That info can be found on their homepage.
I don´t think Carmack would completely discharge feedback from some fans, but i know they won´t agree with ideas that radically change their vision.
If someone finds a way to contact iD, don´t send storys, and general gameplay issues, just the little stuff.

I already knew this too, about the "id, the ego, and the super ego", and that "id theory" was invented by a man named "Fruad".
I also knew that id was pernounced "ihd" not "eye-dee".
But I used to call it eye-dee untill I called "1800-idgames" and some hillbilly said "uh thank uh yuh for callen uh ihd a soft uh ware, if youhd like ta' purchase or descript uh quake, press uh one now...etc".

Thanks deadnail. You saved me the trouble of explaining it. And to tell the truth I didn't know it myself until about 2 years ago.

Guest DopeyFish

for a matter of fact, id used to be pronounced 'eye dee' back in the days of commander keen when it stood for IN DEMAND Software, there's a little tidbit for ya 8)