Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnny Kaos

items

Guest Johnny Kaos

Since doom, a Lotta differnt items have shown up.

*doom had a small health box and a large one.
+now most games have a health item you can carry around and use at your leisure.

*in doom you couldnt even jump
+now lots a games let you fly.

What I'm getting at is that Doom was so limited it added to the difficulty factor. I think most of the more common items they have now like flight and medkits should be left out.

so with flight,haste,invisability, quad dammage, medkits and personal teleprters all GONE, the game will be hard again.

Do You think it should be Hard ir easy?

Guest God of Damn

If you can jump in the game it will be harder, because then there will be obstacles now that will require you to jump. Just like in Tombraider, Turok, etc... If there are medkits or flight, that doesn't mean that the game will be easy either, you can always add more danger to compisate for that.

Personally though, things lying around, like quad damage, invisbility, and so on, take away the realife atmosphere for me.

No discussion about jumping, every shooter needs it today. Nobody needs jetpacks or fly powerups, put no jumping would feel handicapped.
Items...do they really make a game easier? I think they add complexitivity (<--spelled right?).

Guest Johnny Kaos

oops i forgot to say keep the jumping. I'd be royaly pissed if they let that go.

maybe they dont make the game easier but they still add alotta padding that doom could do without.

God of Damn said:

If you can jump in the game it will be harder, because then there will be obstacles now that will require you to jump. Just like in Tombraider, Turok, etc... If there are medkits or flight, that doesn't mean that the game will be easy either, you can always add more danger to compisate for that.

Personally though, things lying around, like quad damage, invisbility, and so on, take away the realife atmosphere for me.

the demon artifacts in doom are cool and should not be taken out..instead to make it a challenge let the demons pick them up...I mean imagine if a shotgun guy picked up an invulnerability artifact...what a thorn in your side that would be!!!...if that would ever...I dont think so but still if that were to happen you would have to be a fast lil joker to stay alive...