Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

THE BIG POST. DooM3 conserns aside with D64..

The poor, poor Arch-Vile, always left out, never ported to any console...Why? Becuase id only picked the deamons they like to be ported to console! So mr.Vile IS NOT going to be in DooM3.
But look at DooM64, all those monsters that are not in it, probably wont be in DooM3 either. But as I speak about DooM64, I want to bring up certain areas of scarieness. DooM64 has to be the damn downrite most scary game I have EVER played. So dark, lonely, trapped on this base by yourself. The music brings all of this too life. The first time you play, the scary musci humming in the background, your heart nearly throbbing out of your chest from satisfaction. You jump down and grab the shotgun, the from nowhere, a deamons pops around the corner! Your run, you start screaming, and when you kill it, you luagh, and feel scared, heart pumping two times faster from fear, excitement, and nostolagia.

Not only is this game scary, but it is believable. In the first couple levels, take a look at the sky. Look how realistic it is! The star, big small, spread, scattered, clustered. But the thing that impressed me most about the sky, is you can see one of the milkyways arms in the background beyond our arms stars. {An arm is a section of billions of stars and planets, and "black-matter" that branch off the milky-way.} Which that gives you an eerie feeling of really being there, thinking, "I wonder which star out there these things came from? Or maybe there from another arm, or maybe even another galaxy?? This is what DooM3 needs! For poeple who dont know jack about how brilliantly HUGE space is...The universe. So vast in space that just to find our solar system we must make five leaps in scale. Only one Sliver of our universe {1%} is viewable by even the strongest tellescope. Yet, even the smallest dots not stars, nor galaxies...but clusters of galaxies. We are just a mere microscopic spec in space. We lie as a small group in one galaxy, out of an estimated 900billion, at least, galaxies. And some people have the nerve to say we are alone! Anywhere out there, some where, ever maybe 200,000,000,000,065 light years away, something VERY similar to DooM could be happening. For all we knowm there could be a planet make of flesh, or covered by flesh somewhere out there. We live in just ONE solar system, trapped in ONE arm of ONE galaxy out of OVER 900,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000!!!!!!!!!
WERE TRAPPED!!! I want to live, I want to travel, and see what lies in the regions of all those millions of billions of galaxies! I want to be alone, bymyself, just in space, in my little craft forever. I want to see what everything is!!! What other life awaits me!

Guest JudgeDooM

Yeah, I agree with u. In the end, Doom 64 is quite a good game, in terms of ambiance, but it could have been improved more, I mean u should have been able to look up or down, jump, crouch, and make 3d monsters...But still, I like it the way it is and I love playin' it the night. I just regret they haven't upgraded it since the first Dooms like I described it.

Guest Johnny Kaos

the vile was my favorite.
you could here the bastard luaghing at you but he seemed to stay hidden untill you started burning all of a sudden.
and then he had the resserect ability.

When i saw him he was the first guy a made a point to kill, otherwise wasting ammo on other monsters was pointless.

The archvile wasn't in the Playstation port because there wasn't enough memory to include all of his animations.

Guest DavoMan
Johnny Kaos said:

the vile was my favorite.
you could here the bastard luaghing at you but he seemed to stay hidden untill you started burning all of a sudden.
and then he had the resserect ability.

When i saw him he was the first guy a made a point to kill, otherwise wasting ammo on other monsters was pointless.

I hated doom64. The music was good, the high-res was good, but the engine smelt worse than my hand after shoving it up a horse's ass.

Blub!!

Linguica said:

The archvile wasn't in the Playstation port because there wasn't enough memory to include all of his animations.

Yes, I know Ling. But id had to actually take time and pick which ones to put in, and keep out do to memory. {man, did you see the terrible movements of the revenant in the PSX DooM??}