Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JudgeDooM

Klesk

Guest JudgeDooM

I think Klesk, a character from Quake III for those who don't know, should be an ennemy in Doom 3. I find it quite styled, and if it's a "regular" ennemy (such as imps), it would be cool that he attacks in groups (with other Klesks at his sides). His technique would be that he runs fast as hell and try to rip you until there's nothing left of your body.
Give me some feedback please.

Guest Spectre

That would be cool, as long as they majorly cleaned up the klesks walk animation. The way he walks in quake 3 is LAME...but then again, I think all the walk/run animations in quake 3 are AWFUL.

Quake 3 was built with multiplayer in mind that's the reason quake 3 characters run and walk lame (I don't think it is something seruous anyway) The games based on the engine that focus on SP doesn't have this problems (Alice In Wonderland,Startrek Voyager Elite Force,Fakk 2 Heavy Metal,Wolf3D ll and more...).
But to tell u the truth the characters walk and run perfectly for me!
Maybe ur system is too slow or u have some graphics options disabled!

Guest JudgeDooM
Spectre said:

That would be cool, as long as they majorly cleaned up the klesks walk animation. The way he walks in quake 3 is LAME...but then again, I think all the walk/run animations in quake 3 are AWFUL.

Yeah, theay walk quite lamey. But now on my GeForce 2 GTS, it's worse, I have some VSyinc problems and the new drivers still don't fix them. Sincerly, with the Voodoo 3 it was better for the animations... I dunno what to do, I've tried many combinations in the Blaster Controls, nothing to do, still have problems. And damn, I have the matrix DVD and when I want to play it, it says that I switched to another display mode and the DVD decompression chip built-in the card isn't available, a fuckin' message like this. I'll have to wait the new drivers or even better, buy a real MPEG 2 decompression card like the real magic, that one rocks ('cos the image quality with the GeForce isn't great!).

Guest Spectre
Dima said:

Quake 3 was built with multiplayer in mind that's the reason quake 3 characters run and walk lame (I don't think it is something seruous anyway) The games based on the engine that focus on SP doesn't have this problems (Alice In Wonderland,Startrek Voyager Elite Force,Fakk 2 Heavy Metal,Wolf3D ll and more...).
But to tell u the truth the characters walk and run perfectly for me!
Maybe ur system is too slow or u have some graphics options disabled!

I know it was built for multiplayer, but they still could have done a hell of a lot better job with the animation...just look at unreal tournament, it was built for speed as well, and the character animation in it blows quake 3 the fuck away.

I had nearly the same thought (and posted it months before in a "monsters" thread), in my opinion Klesk is the perfect "new generation" Imp. The only thing which isn´t like an Imp are his squeeky sounds. I will make a soundpak for Klesk with original Doom2-Imp sounds, just for testing it out :)

In my opinion id-designers thought at an Doom-Imp when they designed this model...maybe they had also a Heavy Weapon Dude in their mind when they designed Hossmann (because in early Q§A previews they talked about HWD etc.).