Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
deadnail

A little bit of Monica is all I need.

Ok, this is one of them new fangled any-and-everything posts that seem to be the norm around here. It will pertain to Doom 3 in some vague sense, towards the bottom. Screw it, you all know me. :)

#1 The chick at the video game store... well, she's in her mid thirties I now noticed. Lots of makeup... gotta get close to catch it all. On top of this she was flirting with my married brother and not me. Figures. I spent all night at work mentally poking her and for what? At least I got to wear my leather trench around and scare a few innocent civvies. I even got some pictures of me in it which will probably go up on my site before Monday, but no promises. I know you love me. :Þ

#2 Just got a US Saturn and four games ($80) to play with my Saturn Gameshark and import Saturn Dracula X (Symphony of the Night). Unfortunately I CAN'T GET THE GODDAMN THING TO LOAD and I really hope I didn't just piss away $150 total. Yes, I filled out the master codes. Yes, the disc is in *PERFECT* condition. No, it just hangs at the 'loading...' box. No, the internal game loader says the disc is 'unsuitable' for my system. Argh. Any of you Doomers by chance happen to play imports on a Saturn somehow? Don't even suggest an emulator, they don't even show booting screens yet. :/

#3 Virtua Fighter 2 for Saturn (Free, why not?) completely sucks ass. I also noticed that the perspective correction of the textures is way off on a Saturn. Not as way off as it is on a Playstation but hey, it's still off. Duke Nukem 3D for the Saturn is actually pretty good. I noticed it has a **LOT** of real time lightmapping, like an N64 game, but still... no antialiasing or trilinear filtering like an N64. Quite impressive, especially with the RPG. Natch the controller eats ass for a FPS so now all I need is some cheat codes which I'm sure will be easy to find.

#4 I just saw Shenmue at GamePlays. I think that's their website too, http://www.gameplays.com but I'm too lazy to check. I saw this kickass intro, and when it zoomed in on the chicks face it looked PERFECT rounded with no jaggies or nothing! It GENUINELY looked ten times better than a PSX movie, in REAL TIME. Shenmue has *NO* movies on the disc! Great, another game I simply must buy. Although I still need to get a keyboard and mouse for my DC thanks to Q3A... argh. I think NetZero will work with a Dreamcast as well... mmm... free internet...

#5 That store also has Doom for Jaguar (as well as five unopened Jaguar systems, I'm pondering on getting one), Doom for SNES, Doom for 32X, Doom for SegaCD, Doom for Saturn, Doom for PSX (Both), and Doom64. All this, and they still didn't have Final Doom for PC. Doesn't that just figure, though? :) It's still a cool store, what with everything from the home Pong console machine all the way up to shiny new Dreamcasts and tons of imports. I also saw a bunch of Dragon Ball Z DC imports, but I bet they suck. Hard. Heheh. It's funny... looking at a Master System and a case of Phantasy Star 1. Looking at a Turbo-Grafx 16, never opened from the box. Looking at the Walkman sized Genesis + Sega CD that never sold (well, apparantly one anyway). Man, all of those memories......... all those birthdays, and Christmas'......... it's funny, to some people video games are just like condoms. Use 'em up and toss 'em away.

Of course, if Trojan made their business like iD, one is all you really need. :)

#666 Satanic references, baby, Satanic references. How many of them will be in Doom 3? Will there be a temporary-invicibility item that turns your armor to 666? Will there by the classic Damian style circular 666 mark of the beast symbols strewn around on demons and maybe zombies?

Anyone else download that newest South Park episode, Trapper Keeper? It actually has an AKIRA reference! Kickass! Also, they kill Rosie O'Donnel! Yay!

So what other Satanic references will be in Doom 3? Inverted crosses, Satanic markings on the walls, latin curses scrawled on the walls in blood, a Coca-Cola machine, the Intel Inside logo, another statue of Jesus crucified ala Quake, zombies crucified all around while we're at it, the Packard Bell logo (shiver), naughty language.

Hey, you know what an interesting bit of profanity in italian is?
Well, I can't remember the actual italian... but it means...
"I piss on the virgin Mary and I shit on the wounds of Christ."
I've stepped on a nail and broke something I valued greatly before but I haven't had some stuff happen to me to make me say some shit like that. Perhaps some lovely Teletubby style language like that would have a place in Doom 3. Backwards, of course.

Maybe GameFAQS.com can get my import going... hmm...

Anyhow, like I was saying, what sort of dirty, red eyed blasphemous imagery are you hoping to be subjected to in your gun-toting rampage known as Doom 3?

Man, I wish I had the money to go out and buy all that stuff...

Sorry about the chick, bet that hurts.

I didn't think that Virtua Fighter was all that bad, wasn't great, but wasn't utter crap either. But I am not an expert on fighting games, so I really can't say too much. I thought Panzer Dragoon was kinda cool for about 5 minutes. And yeah the perspective correction did suck. Hard to believe nVidia made that gfx chip.

As far as Satanic references go, I am not real big on them, but although I would be perfectly happy without them, I realize that it just wouldn't be Doom, so I would rather they be put in appropriately instead of just strewn about for the sheer reason that they can.

In my experience Japanese games don't work on US systems without the mod chip to convert the disk into what appears to be American. But I could be wrong with this system.

Women suck, inherently! And women who wear that much make-up don't deserve to live, they should just accept who they are...
You have my utmost sympathies. The best Satanic reference in Doom 3 would be just to put in some random women here and there.

S./

they should bring the spider demon mastermind in doom 3 for the final fight, maybe a bigger version. and they should play 666, number of the beast by iron maiden during the batle, that song rocks. or they could bring back the original song from dis,

Charon said:

Man, I wish I had the money to go out and buy all that stuff...

Sorry about the chick, bet that hurts.

I didn't think that Virtua Fighter was all that bad, wasn't great, but wasn't utter crap either. But I am not an expert on fighting games, so I really can't say too much. I thought Panzer Dragoon was kinda cool for about 5 minutes. And yeah the perspective correction did suck. Hard to believe nVidia made that gfx chip.

As far as Satanic references go, I am not real big on them, but although I would be perfectly happy without them, I realize that it just wouldn't be Doom, so I would rather they be put in appropriately instead of just strewn about for the sheer reason that they can.

Okay, hitting escape tends to clear this Goddamn box so I'll try not to do that again.

Socold, stop bitching about women like that. I'm not trying to insult you but you sound like a manlover when you speak in that manner.

Everyone else, you forgot boot discs and Gamesharks for loading imports. To do it with the Saturn you have to hold down XYZ while loading the game. Funny.

As for Satanic Italics, read Charon's reply and that sums it all up pretty well.

Heh, took me a minute to figure out that you were talking to me...

Duh.

Manlover eh? By no means, and in no way shape or form. Mheh, that's what I think though, I vehemently dislike fake people.

(You weren't trying to insult me? What's wrong?)

S./

Guest Johnny Kaos

and fake tits.
those chicks score in the negetive zone...

oh, I think a large, wall consuming, jesus statue, on a cross hanging upside down, and bleeding real blood would be enuff to stop your shooting rampage for a second or 2.

I've always wanted to draw that, but I cant find my red pen.

That's kinda funny, because St. Peter was crucified upside down because he didn't deem himself worthy to die in the same manner as his saviour.

S./

Hey I'm getting a jaguiar just so i can play doom on it, there only like 8 bucks for a jag at gamestop over here (florence kentucky). I have quake 3 arena for sega dreamcast with a mouse and keyboard for it and it phuqing rocks, it looks just as good as pc's and has 14 new levels.

But one more thing, sence when is doom on sega cd.