Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VileSlay

coop games

I wondered why I haven't seen too many coop games. I played one this morning that was pretty fun (except for the guy who kept shooting at his fellow players on purpose). are coops generally not liked?

Coop over ZDaemon sucks.

Oh and I usually see at least one or two, dunno, play network games with your friends or something.

Damn it, I only know one person that would gladly play co-op Doom with me in my town. There should be more coop ZDaemon servers. Coop is alright in ZDaemon. There should also be more teamplay games (DM and coop) - they've gotta be fun, but I dunno since there are never any teamplay servers. I'd host one if I had a faster connection.

there was a team dm on this morning, it was set up by the same people that set up coop game. just look for severs name rarefiles.tripod.com. the team dm was playing dcdwango, IIRC.

I host the rarefiles servers and I've observed that my doom2 coop server is consistently popular. Not everyone likes coop, and in that case they should not join that server..it's clearly labeled COOP. I was playing on that server briefly this weekend, checking the dmflags and such, and one player joined just to state "coop sucks". Later, the same player, I'm almost sure, joined and ruined the fun by running straight for the exit without playing the map thoroughly. Then, he and friends mocked the server by joining with names such as "Gay coop" and such. The last straw though was when this player joined and used the nickname of a friend of mine, Some Dude. Rich (Some Dude) is a good-natured dm player, a pleasure to have in the game since doom dm tastes best when approached with a sense of humor.
Who is this nickname hijacking weenie? Nightfall. He's earned himself one of the very rare bans on my servers. If anyone knows him, let him know that he can clear this up with me if he likes via email. I suppose it's possible that he did not know he was using Rich's nickname, but I'd have to hear that from Nightfall.

Yes, that team game was on dcdwango, using some of my favorite maps. Did the team play actually work out OK?

Hey! I'd be up for some coop play (more so than DM)! I haven't seen it on offer in zdaemon though :-(

I often see coop games and usually join them, but not for long. All the time I've been using ZDaemon though, I've played a team game once and no-one else joined, so there wasn't much point. I'd like to see teamplay DMs and coops. Please host more teamplay servers, biffy.

yeah like I said the coop was fun, but this guy named who kept firing rocket and plasma at us on purpose. this was on map 24, so you know all those thin ledges and all the slime. I want to try the team play stuff, as I never have before. thanks for supplying those coops biff.

Thanks for the tip Vileslay. "Who" has also earned himself a ban, I'm tired of kids not heeding my MOTD about No Bots, Hacks or Brats. I guess "Who" does not know what a brat is.

Ya i like co-op games better than dm, but every once in a while i get a need for a good dm.

My stupid firewall prevents ZDaemon Coop games, and DM games on certain
levels. There's no way my dad would let me mess with the firewall, so
that's out...

I remember having great Coop games on the Zone, though. I spent about
4 hours playing the entire game through with 2 other people. Most
fun I ever had playing Doom. :P

I cannot understand why a firewall would prevent coop games but allow dm, or not allow certain levels. Zdaemon should either work or not, period. I have no problems playing behind a router. Have you tried more than once?

Some firewalls can pickup certain words in packets sent, e.g. at school, any website with the word "hack" in it is automatically disallowed (I think). So, maybe something that needs to be sent specifically for one map is blocked by the firewall. I suggest you mess with the firewall without your dad knowing about it ;)