Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Squashfoot

Doom3 +

I was thinking, it would be nice if IdSoftware gave Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, PLutonia and Tnt, and any other major Doom in a package along with Doom 3 in the release of their final product. What do you think?

It's a nice thought, but knowing ID and their publishers, they will probably be re-released as super-low price budget games.

Yes, Aliens vs Predator, Unreal, Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, Duke Nukem 3D, ROTT, Shadow Warrior, System Shock 2 and a whole assload of other games have already been repackaged into single jewel cases that adorn the check-out aisles now. $9 a pop for any of them.

I still don't have Aliens vs Predator, is that any good?

deadnail said:

Yes, Aliens vs Predator, Unreal, Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, Duke Nukem 3D, ROTT, Shadow Warrior, System Shock 2 and a whole assload of other games have already been repackaged into single jewel cases that adorn the check-out aisles now. $9 a pop for any of them.

I have not been fortunate enough to get that little jem you speak of. Haven't seen it at any book and music store, or any comp stores iether. Where've you seen it?

Guest JudgeDooM

I have already posted that some time ago...but I'd like more than just the games: there should be an extra folder, where u find engines (like ZDoom), mods (like Doom Legacy), and wads (like the 10sector one) and a level editor (Wad Author, full version :)

deadnail said:

Well, the engine is not interesting. The game only uses vertex lighting instead of lightmaps. But the rest is great.
The locations are dark, suggestive places. Playing as a Marine is hard. You´re very weak against claws and acid. The Alien AI is great, they use the full potential of wall climbing. They can even do helicoidal strafing (you get very nervous while trying to shoot them).
The Alien is another story. Much weaker to bullets than anything. One spread and you´re dead. But the climbing is great, so as the speed. Using this class you´re not afraid of anything.
The Predator is the hardest one to use, i think. You´re strong but very slow, and in this game the Aliens are at least 5 times quicker than you and the marines 2 times.

If you´re gonna buy it, buy the Gold version. The regular one doesn´t have in-game saving, and some weapons are missing.
At that price, sure.

Guest Dream Destroyer
Charon said:

It's good if you like having the piss scared out of you... ;-)

AHHH! SKULLTAG BOTS ARE ATTACKING!!!