Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bart

how about...

Guest bart

yeah yeah very good, but how about this: you eventually (maybe half way through the game) find a weapon you have never seen before and isn't in the manual. (this could happen twice or more). you are crap at using it, but after a while you get better and better at using it, because you become familiar with how you reload it, where you reload it etc. and our accuracy gets better as you learn how to aim it properly. maybe these are alien weapons or experimental ones that aren't finished...

Guest JudgeDooM

A bit like Doom 64. There was that laser weapon that isn't shown in the manual, and later in the game (map 12) u find it and u can upgrade it

Doom 64 hmm...
I have it in a rom and I am using UltraHLE to play it!
It is quite good with detailed graphics and such things...
But it is obvious that this game is not from ID (ID never handles the console ports)!
One question through...
It is uncomfortable to play it on UltraHLE...
So can't somebody port Doom 64 to the PC?
I mean the engine is the same (and somehow manages to look even better than Doom Legacy GL)!
And if I remember correctly then when u kill a creature it doesn't follow u on the ground!
I still don't understand why can't anyone remove this nasty distraction?
I heard that it is not a limitation of the engine and that it is possible to add more frames to the sprite enemies in Doom!
So it would be nice if the creatures wouldn't follow us on the ground! (Randy hurry and upgrade Zdoom to include this feature among others (3dfloors) )!
Anyway I hope Doom 64 levels will be ported to the PC!

Guest Heresiarch

I have tried Doom 64 on my UltraHLE emulator...
very crappy game.

Guest bart
JudgeDooM said:

A bit like Doom 64. There was that laser weapon that isn't shown in the manual, and later in the game (map 12) u find it and u can upgrade it

actually i haven't played doom64 yet, but it looks good (it sounds like doom with q2 graphics or something). i was more thinking about the getting to learn how to use a new gun efficiently side rather than the not-shown-in-manual side of the original post, though... that'd be cool.