Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest elyuca

Enviromental Music

Guest elyuca

Wouldnt it kick ass to have the music change depeding on how much action, or liveness is happenning in the game? for example, if youre walking down a hall soewhere, the music would be some kind of demonic-slow-scary mood. If you start running, the music would seamlesly change to something faster like a technoish-The Matrix style. If you suddenly open a door and theres a bunch of imps ready to rip you into pieces, the music would stop (signifying that your heart skipped a beat) and a fast-heavy-metallish tune would pop out of nowhere when the first imp shoots a fireball at you.
This would all of course be mixed in with my previous idea of making the game's sound engine have a built-in Mp3 player that would manage to blend all these tunes into the enviroment.
It would certainly increase your chances of having a heart attack, and give it certainly a more intelligent feel to the games engine.
Check out my previous post:
http://www.doomworld.com/forums/doom3/messages/10724.shtml

No offense but I think that would be totally gay.

lol

It would give it a cheesy action movie feel to it, it wouldn't feel like doom.

Guest elyuca

yeah, well i think youre gay!!! just kidding, lol. i bet at least somebody likes the idea

...uh i thought lucasarts has been doing that since 1992, the first game to use the imus sound engine was monkey island 2, lechucks revenge. games have been doing something similar since. im pretty sure, all i really know about imus is that it blends the music together. im not all that sure actually that it does do what you sadi but im partially sure.

Guest Spectre

Deus Ex has this and it works rather well, but unfortunately it's almost the same tune everytime the action builds up.

BTW, has anyone here played Deus Ex yet? If not, I highly recommend it. The ONLY thing about it I don't like is the sound effect of the assault rifle firing, it sounds like shit!

Guest JudgeDooM

Soldier of Fortune uses that, when enemies are attacking u, the music changes. I like it, so it would be cool to find this effect in Doom 3.

Guest Normal Human
elyuca said:

yeah, well i think youre gay!!! just kidding, lol. i bet at least somebody likes the idea

Well I personally think that since quake had an awesome, aw insipiring soundtrack, that they should invite Mr. Reznor back to do Doom III since he is willing, and wanting to do it.

Though, i know that some of you will dissagree with me.

And if they couldnt get Trent, then they should hire someone to do some really good, flowing environment music, and no shitty hard death core crap.

Guest elyuca

If its not Trent Reznor, they'll go with Sonic Mayhem