Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Direwolf

Pain animation or effects

Guest Direwolf

Ok, I want everyones opinion on the pain effects you all would like to see, im always interested in this area since hey Death and Blood in a doom game is very important its like salad dressing for a salad :). You just have to have it!!

My own opinion first.. I would like to see it like this, you shoot a zombie in the arm and blood starts spilling out yet it does not stop like in past first person shooters.. it keeps ozzing out but just a lil. Just like in real life.. you shoot the zombie in the arm again and his arm rips off spilling out a hell of a lot more blood. He is shooting at you with a shotgun and its dark as hell (hence scary)
Perhaps some of the zombies will be wearing helmets( In original doom the doom guy aka fly taggart always wears a helmet so who goes to say zombies wont have any maybe they died from a stomach shot? so there still have helmets.. i have no clue) But you shoot the same zombie in the helmet if he has one and the glass busts and blood starts ozzing out of it.. shoot his head again and his helmet rips off and his heads half way blown off. He then falls to the ground ect ect.. I would like to see Realistic wounds you know somewhat like Sof yet not as many body parts being able to be blown off since it would surly slow the frame rates drasticly. But you get what im saying? It would look wicked to see such in doom 3. I mean I have not see a psh that has such yet. It would change first person shooters forever and others would follow. Another thing I would like to see is smooth as silk animation. I mean carmack already said it will take a mega computer to play doom 3. I read some article about him saying the best comp there is now it will run fair and descent on doom3 so why not go all out and make the game have animation and pain effects or should I say Blood effects like I said above. Bta it would be cool to see the helmet as a armor peace that he puts on for protection yet eventually will get blown off if shot at enough times.

A good pain animation isn´t ripping body parts off and shit like that, a good pain animation is like...theater! I also want it to be bloody, but it´s sick to figure out exactly how it would look like when blast something off etc. Hate that.

Guest Direwolf

Whats so sick about blowing off a body part. Doom is about violence so what would you expect?

im surprised you even want blood to come out of there wound when there shot the way your speaking.
Shoot them in the head and they cry oh my eye? or would you rather see half the things head rip off.. now that is what I would like to see.. hardcore all the way

Yes it´s also about violence, but it is still a game. Game means fun to me. If it´s just a simulation of realistic violence it´s not fun to me. I like the pain cries of the Imps and Zombiemen in Doom, I like the way the guards in Quake2 act when they taste some bullets, I like the different ways the Quake3-Models fall down to the ground when diying, things like that. And the main goal of violence in a shooter is to create a feel of deathly danger for yourself, which forces you to act violent to survive, in my opinion.

Guest Direwolf

When I was speaking about the animations I didnt mean.. you shoot somebody and he dies instantly.. Duh. Yes act violent to survive that is part of which I meant. I want the game to be the best possible. If it takes two or three years to make like DNF then so be it. I just dont want some game that has idiotic animations since it suppoce to set (New grounds?) In first person shooters.

Guest Jadar

I would love to play a game so ultra-violently detailed that if you slow motion shooting somethings head of from a side view it would look like JFK all over again, or the slow mo gun shots in Matrix...

Direwolf said:

When I was speaking about the animations I didnt mean.. you shoot somebody and he dies instantly.. Duh. Yes act violent to survive that is part of which I meant. I want the game to be the best possible. If it takes two or three years to make like DNF then so be it. I just dont want some game that has idiotic animations since it suppoce to set (New grounds?) In first person shooters.

Hey, don´t duh´ on me! ;) Yes I know you didn´t meant instant death, but it seemed to me that you just wanted to watch ugly realistic carnage instead of having violent action. But I think it´s clear now.

Jadar said:

I would love to play a game so ultra-violently detailed that if you slow motion shooting somethings head of from a side view it would look like JFK all over again, or the slow mo gun shots in Matrix...

Ugh...when I saw that amateur video about JFK´s death, I just felt so sad about that poor guy, he was so damn helpless in that situation...fucking sniper assholes. Ok no sniper weapons in Doom3 ;)

Guest Direwolf
Tetzlaff said:

Hey, don´t duh´ on me! ;) Yes I know you didn´t meant instant death, but it seemed to me that you just wanted to watch ugly realistic carnage instead of having violent action. But I think it´s clear now.

Yea I wouldnt really want a sniper weapon on Doom. I like it ( Up close and personal ) :)