Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dsm

Skill settings in a ZDoom coop game

Ok, so I'm testing a li'l home network with my brother and what better way to test it than with a little Doom coop game in Zdoom?

And it works as it should - we got connected, BUT the thing is that it keeps starting the game in 'Hey, not too rough' despite the fact that I distinctly type -skill 4
What's up with this thing? It should start the game in UV but it refuses.

You typed in -skill 4 (no space between the - and the word skill) you say? Hmm...maybe you should try using a different port, see if that works.

The "-skill" parameter only works in conjunction with the "-warp" parameter, I believe.

I typed zdoom -host 2 -warp 11 -skill 4

Damn thing kept starting the game in skill 1. We're talking beta 32 here as I learned that beta 33 has trouble with online games.

Which port would you recommend? JDoom is out of the question as one of the two comps doesn't have a graphics card with gl extensions (yes, it's that old).
PRBoom perhaps?

dsm, I think that was one of the bugs which cropped up in the recent zdoom betas. Beta33 network play is broken, but there is a fixed version that Randy let me have for a LAN party so we could give it a real thrashing. I will email it to you or anyone else who asks, Randy knew I'd give it out at the LAN. Do you want it? Anyone else? You don't need it unless you specifically want to do multiplayer with all of the zdoom goodies working.

Biffy said:

dsm, I think that was one of the bugs which cropped up in the recent zdoom betas. Beta33 network play is broken, but there is a fixed version that Randy let me have for a LAN party so we could give it a real thrashing. I will email it to you or anyone else who asks, Randy knew I'd give it out at the LAN. Do you want it? Anyone else? You don't need it unless you specifically want to do multiplayer with all of the zdoom goodies working.

Well, my brother is one of the people I know I can have a fun coop game with (he knows that I know just about every nook and cranny of the Doom maps so he usually lets me be the leader, and he's good at following my instructions/orders) so I would definitely love to have that improved 33 beta.
My email adress is mrholly@hotmail.com