Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest elyuca

DooM ]|[ Characters

Guest elyuca

since Crash and Phobos made their debut in Q3, I think they should make a comeback in Doom 3. That way, you'll be able to choose different characters before you start the game, and maybe even change their skins. Also they should have different pros and cons And since there is already a Phobos, it would feel half empty without a Deimos. You would choose a character and the game would automatically arrange the levels so its customized for the character, kinda like in Quest for Glory, but in an FPS.

Doom: Since Flynn Taggart is the main character, he should have a good balance of strenth, speed, agility, intelligence, etc.

Crash: Sinc shes a girl, she should be the fastest of the bunch, very agile (dodge rockets and shit like that) but not as strong, cant carry too many weapons at once, and takes damage easily.

Phobos: He should be the buff one. Very strong, can carry allot of stuff and take allot damage. But, he is kinda slow, not very agile, and kinda stupid.

Deimos: He should be the fat, slow one, not very agile either. But, he is very smart, can pick locks, scramble security systems, and set up mines and laser detector bombs with ease. He'll also be able to hot wire vehicles with heavy weaponry and shit like that. Since hes fat, he should be able to take considerable ammounts of damage in the belly.

The levels would change depending on which character you choose, as i said before. If you choose Phobos, there will be allot of action, shooting, and crap like that, keys will be available for doors, but there will be a wall of imps, and some cacodeamons to mow before getting that key. If you choose Deimos, there should be no key to be found, but there will be a lock picking kit somewhere hidden, maybe you should solve some kind of shooting puzzle before getting to it though. This way, the game will appeal to most of us in this forum, wether it be Maonth who want sweet old action and would probably choose Flynn Taggart or Phobos, or deadnail who would go for Deimos.

#1 Dim Faggart? Dima said it best when he said that Flynn Taggart SUCKS.

#2 Crash and Phobos were half-assed characters meant to fill out the Q3A roster. They're just skins... whatever character's they use, I hope they're more than just walking guns.

#3 Are those links in your signature real? I hope not...

#4 You're a faggot anyway.

#5 A belly is not a bullet proof vest. Right now your liver is doing 40 things to keep you alive, although none of us here know why it bothers.

Guest dmddoug

It'd be cool to have a bunch of characters to choose from. maybe some of them could have faster reload time for the shot gun and stuff and a create character mode. sweet, i hope the creaters of doom are reading this right now! but i doubt it. =)

deadnail said:

#1 Dim Faggart? Dima said it best when he said that Flynn Taggart SUCKS.

#2 Crash and Phobos were half-assed characters meant to fill out the Q3A roster. They're just skins... whatever character's they use, I hope they're more than just walking guns.

#3 Are those links in your signature real? I hope not...

#4 You're a faggot anyway.

#5 A belly is not a bullet proof vest. Right now your liver is doing 40 things to keep you alive, although none of us here know why it bothers.

Hey! Crash is a very sweet girl and everyone in the Q3A community loves her! And she is of course not just a skin, Phobos is, but she is an original model with her own character.

Ah yes, and we really have to care that there is no chance for Dim Faggart to come into the game, I really hate Dim Faggart!

I think those different character classes will change the game too much in an other direction. It reminds to HexenII. In Doom the player should be able to identify himself as much as possible with the character, and that is not possible when you have to chose a certain class with it´s special pros and contras, because you are always your very own "class" with your own skills (you know what I mean?).
What I want is: 2 male Spacemarine and 2 female Spacemarine models to choose from. One male model should wear a helmet like in Doom1, the other should be bare headed like the Spacemarine on the opening screen of Doom2. One of the female spacemarine models should be Crash from Q3A.

Am I the only one here who seems to have picked up (or maybe just mistook) that since Quake III merged the Quake and Doom timelines, that most likely, Doom III will predate the original Quake. Therefore, the weapons would most likely be less advanced, namely the BFG being an earlier model than in Q II, and Crash & Phobos would propbably not have been born yet. And think about it, who would name their kid Phobos until after the final defeat over the Hell-spawn (as a kind of celebrational thing). I would, however, like to see the ability to choose a custom model/skin (like in Unreal).

You maybe just mistook it...But it´s not a simple question at all. I think Quake1 predates Doom, not because of the medieval style episode, but because of the armory: there were no energy weapons in Quake1. But on the other hand, there were nailguns instead of machineguns and that seems as if it´s all different because you slipgated into another world. In Doom2 there was the BFG-9k, in Q3A it is a BFG-10k, but this musn´t be depending on time, maybe they are just two different models of the same time...

Guest elyuca

Yes, deadnail, the links are real, I searched on google for: "gay sex jeremy" and it gave me a bunch of pages, i selected the ones that looked the gayest, and had the word "jeremy", or something obvious in the URL.
Visit the sites, if you look at the guys faces and think its the same jeremy in this forum, picture him masturbating with the doom guy, while his butt buddy is banging him in the butthole.

Tetzlaff said:

You maybe just mistook it...But it´s not a simple question at all. I think Quake1 predates Doom, not because of the medieval style episode, but because of the armory: there were no energy weapons in Quake1. But on the other hand, there were nailguns instead of machineguns and that seems as if it´s all different because you slipgated into another world. In Doom2 there was the BFG-9k, in Q3A it is a BFG-10k, but this musn´t be depending on time, maybe they are just two different models of the same time...

Uuhh guys, hate to break it to you, but the Quake Universe and the Doom Universe are completely and totally unrelated. In fact, the Quake series games aren't really related to each other except by name.

Sure, there are similarities between them, but that does not mean they take place in the same game universe. There may even be stories that seem to merge the two, but these are merely fan fiction. Nothing from id has ever said that they are even remotely related. (and don't give me 'but Doom and Phobos were in Q3A!!') So trying to figure out which came first is a moot point.

I am sure this will probably start a nice argument, so if anyone wants to back me up, please feel free.

Guest elyuca

I totally agree, but all I said is that since Crash and Phobos looked, and probably were UAC marines, that they should be in doom 3

I am not against it, but I am not so sure about different classes of characters. I think it will make it a little to RPGish, which I personally don't like.

But to each his own...

Guest Johnny Kaos
Tetzlaff said:

Hey! Crash is a very sweet girl and everyone in the Q3A community loves her! And she is of course not just a skin, Phobos is, but she is an original model with her own character.

Ah yes, and we really have to care that there is no chance for Dim Faggart to come into the game, I really hate Dim Faggart!

1) I think they all need a fuckin name change, but crash can keep hers as a callsign or somthin.

2) classes=no. Every would only use the more balanced person.

3) why's the black guy always gotta be buff and strong and shit?

4) dammit.

Guest elyuca

I didnt know phobos was black

Guest Johnny Kaos

really?
damn...

s' one of the first things I noticed when I saw him.