Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jadar

DooM III weapons and the Theme of hell...

Guest Jadar

Here it goes. I think that DooM III should have many weapons of different time periods. Hell is for sinners, the zombies from hell should be like old soldiers and stuff. Nazis, American Civil war heros, indians, cowboys, ect. Of course they would all be hellafied and bloddy. Indians with large blades sticking out of there heads instead of nice pretty feathers. You get the idea. They should have weapons of there times. A bow from the idian, a revolver from the cowboy, maybe a flamethrower from WWI or AK-47 from a Russian zombie... you get the idea... Also of course some fighters of the future, a DooM style tesla cannon... so on and so forth. ALso I think the whole them (some of it) of hell should be based around it. (If you acctualy fight in Hell that is) There should be a widewest ghost town with a hellish twist. Blood pouring from a pitcher that can be found floating and filling up classes in the salon. A hellbent sky with Deamons flying above....

FUCK NO! FUCK NO! FUCK NO!!!!!

They can maybe be hanging around being tortured, but not fighting against you, this ain't back to the future numbnuts,there is no way in hell that would work and if i saw that in the game i would break the cd(or dvd) in 11233/55667
than i would fucking blow my head off, i think most of us would agree a hell no on this idea, they could be tortured souls hanging around hell being tortured but not attacking you d00d.
Besides cival war heros would not go to hell unless they raped italian hamburgurs or something.

BUt i ain't saying your idea is bad, it just wouldn't work in doom itself, but maybe a total converion for it might work with the stuff you mentioned.

That sounds very interesting. Like a hellish panopticum. I don´t know about the weapons, I think the weapons should be original, but not a mess from different time periods. I didn´t want to repeat all my armory suggestions here, but I want 10-12 fairly futuristic looking weapons, a good mix of bullet and energy weapons and a chainsaw-sword or something like that.
But for the hell environment aspects of your idea, work on it. Maybe we can take a look at the different hell/underworld descriptions in several cultures and how it would look like as a Doom map. For example, I remember from the germanic Edda, "Hel" was discribed as 9 worlds under our world, and in the last there were walls made of living snakes and stuff like that.

MACVILEWHORE said:

FUCK NO! FUCK NO! FUCK NO!!!!!

They can maybe be hanging around being tortured, but not fighting against you, this ain't back to the future numbnuts,there is no way in hell that would work and if i saw that in the game i would break the cd(or dvd) in 11233/55667
than i would fucking blow my head off, i think most of us would agree a hell no on this idea, they could be tortured souls hanging around hell being tortured but not attacking you d00d.
Besides cival war heros would not go to hell unless they raped italian hamburgurs or something.

BUt i ain't saying your idea is bad, it just wouldn't work in doom itself, but maybe a total converion for it might work with the stuff you mentioned.

I fully agree with you. Historic stuff like that reminds me of history class... which I hate. And it doesn't feel like Doom at all either. Leave it for a TC. It would be nice to see an indian crossed with a cenobyte, but in another game.

Guest JelloBiafra

Yeah, I don't think that would work very well, except maybe some nazis to kill (who doesn't like to kill nazis?). As for the weapons, it should have about 10-15 (if they put in guns like the shotgun and super shotgun that are bound to the same key) maybe 7 or so regular weapons (bullets and shells) then some weird cell weapons, and maybe some hellish weapons would be nice, like the one in DooM64. And the chainsaw, who cares if it doesn't really fit in, I love stickin that sucker in some demons mouth and lettin' 'er rip, it's a blood bath! Course these are just my thoughts.

Guest elyuca

It would make a good Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego? meets FPS, but not doom.

Guest Jadar
JelloBiafra said:

Yeah, I don't think that would work very well, except maybe some nazis to kill (who doesn't like to kill nazis?). As for the weapons, it should have about 10-15 (if they put in guns like the shotgun and super shotgun that are bound to the same key) maybe 7 or so regular weapons (bullets and shells) then some weird cell weapons, and maybe some hellish weapons would be nice, like the one in DooM64. And the chainsaw, who cares if it doesn't really fit in, I love stickin that sucker in some demons mouth and lettin' 'er rip, it's a blood bath! Course these are just my thoughts.

In the end I'll be happy if they put in a nice double-barrel 19th century rusty midwest shotgun... with a nice reload animation and akimbo gunslinging... (the 2 guns should fire at different rates damnit... it looks stupid shoting at the same time!)