Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ahab

Tell me what you think...

Guest Ahab

I think that there should be at least 8 or 9 new weapons in the new DooM. Why not an Uzi or something like the ZMG off of Goldeneye or something? What about those hand grenades of Quake 2? Those were pretty cool.

Guest JudgeDooM

Mmmhh, I'm certainly for realistic weapons. But I don't think that a uzi would fit well in the Doom environment. It's too terrorist-ish, and the space marine would rather use some "tactical" weapons. In my opinion.

Doom takes place hundreds of years into the future, and with a military character as the main focus.

Uzis and any other SMG of today would seem like an archaic weapon by that point in time.

Sure, there might be an SMG, but it would be a completely new and more reliable/inexpensive design.

The grenades in Quake 2 were great because they could be thrown or launched, which seems like a good idea. I would appreciate the return of that concept as well.

Uh oh, I made a decent point.

Time for you new guys to start calling me a faggot, reading my icon in the wrong language, and find that all caps key. You little kids need to get laid.

Guest elyuca

Why dont you read!, asshab!?!?!?!? deadnail would agree, and youre wasting Linguica's server space with crap thats allready been discussed months ago.

Guest Daemoneon
deadnail said:

Doom takes place hundreds of years into the future, and with a military character as the main focus.

Uzis and any other SMG of today would seem like an archaic weapon by that point in time.

Sure, there might be an SMG, but it would be a completely new and more reliable/inexpensive design.

The grenades in Quake 2 were great because they could be thrown or launched, which seems like a good idea. I would appreciate the return of that concept as well.

Time for you new guys to start calling me a faggot, reading my icon in the wrong language, and find that all caps key. You little kids need to get laid.

I agree, having a SMG like an UZI would be quite foolish, but when you consider that Doom had a shotgun, just a plain old "Jed, shoot us some grub and not more of that Texas tea" shotgun, there is some room for guns that would seem dated.
Perhaps you could have certain guns be available for certain levels/situations, and you would have to discard them because there would be no more ammo provided for them after a certain point. I know I've seen it used somewhere before, but I cannot remember where at this moment. I'd like to expand upon the idea, but I have a headache and my brain itches, so I'm more interested in finding a coathanger to insert up my nose. If anybody needs me, full-frontal lobotomies are 40% off.

Guest Ahab
deadnail said:

Whoa, deadnail, the slightly sarcastic bastard, has made a decent point! Oh yeah and elyuca why don't you go f**k yourself. You're not a DooM player anyway! So there!!

Guest Ahab
deadnail said:

Why would a Uzi or SMG be archaic when Dooms 1&2 have pistols and ordinary shotguns? Would they not be considered archaic by that time, too?

Guest elyuca
Ahab said:

Whoa, deadnail, the slightly sarcastic bastard, has made a decent point! Oh yeah and elyuca why don't you go f**k yourself. You're not a DooM player anyway! So there!!

How dare you call me a non-doom player!, I've been playing doom since the prerelease demo, and have been playing ever since. Ive probably played doom's e1m1 more than you have ever played all the dooms combined!, if not all the fps youve ever played combined!
Youre starting to piss me off, and everybody who has ever pissed me off, and have their e-mail available has not been happy, so I suggest you start to show some respect not only for me but for everyone else in this forum, ans SPECIALLY deadnail.

Daemoneon said:

I agree, having a SMG like an UZI would be quite foolish, but when you consider that Doom had a shotgun, just a plain old "Jed, shoot us some grub and not more of that Texas tea" shotgun, there is some room for guns that would seem dated.
Perhaps you could have certain guns be available for certain levels/situations, and you would have to discard them because there would be no more ammo provided for them after a certain point. I know I've seen it used somewhere before, but I cannot remember where at this moment. I'd like to expand upon the idea, but I have a headache and my brain itches, so I'm more interested in finding a coathanger to insert up my nose. If anybody needs me, full-frontal lobotomies are 40% off.

Blood 2 incorporated this. One of the few good ideas in an otherwise horrid game (that is what happens when the guys making the game don't listen to the game's players). Combined with the idea of only being able to carry so much weight in weapons (forgot who came up with that), 20+ weapons becomes much more realistic.

Guest Ahab
elyuca said:

How dare you call me a non-doom player!, I've been playing doom since the prerelease demo, and have been playing ever since. Ive probably played doom's e1m1 more than you have ever played all the dooms combined!, if not all the fps youve ever played combined!
Youre starting to piss me off, and everybody who has ever pissed me off, and have their e-mail available has not been happy, so I suggest you start to show some respect not only for me but for everyone else in this forum, ans SPECIALLY deadnail.

Hello again Elyuca. Do I make you mad? Gee I'm sorry about that. (Do you hear the sarcasm in my voice?) I simply made a few weapons suggestions for D3 and you came along and and put in a few asinine comments which I did not like and then I tell you off and you come back with something stupid and now it's come to this. Oh yeah, I guarantee you that I have played E1M1 at least a thousand times over and I have found all the secrets and that kind of stuff. And playing only E1M1 does not make a you a doom player. So there!!
Tata for now, moron!