Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest elyuca

Old, but needs more attention

Guest elyuca

I put this thread up before, but I think it needs more attention, specially since the newbis wont read back:

Ok, it would kick ass to have MP3s as soundtrack for D3, it would take up allot less space in the CD, and maybe there should be a console command where you could tell the MP3 player in the game to play your MP3s in "x:\my_mp3_folder". This would kick soo much ass, because I have the Doom Music CD from Bobby Prince and I ripped it into MP3s so i could listen to Doom music in my car's mp3 player, but that means that i would also be able to listen to the old Doom tunes on D3!
Look for Bobby Prince's Doom music cd on Amazon, I recommend it allot, just search for "doom music" in amazon

Guest Medieval_Gnome

Good idea, but as some people will bring up, MP3s aren't _really_ cd quality unless they are at 256+kbps. Now if they also had supprot for .s3m, .mid (for original doom music), .wma, .ogg, and webradios..... oh nevermind, just kill the Doom3 music and run Winamp in the background.

That would be nice, mp3 are far more faster to load than CD Audio tracks, and besides... emm, uh, my CD drive makes too much noise.

Anyway, i´m never changing DooM´s original soundtrack for other set of mp3´s (unless im trying something funny).

Medieval_Gnome said:

Good idea, but as some people will bring up, MP3s aren't _really_ cd quality unless they are at 256+kbps. Now if they also had supprot for .s3m, .mid (for original doom music), .wma, .ogg, and webradios..... oh nevermind, just kill the Doom3 music and run Winamp in the background.

Hey... that's basically what I did back when I actually played Starsiege: Tribes... which is still the best multiplayer game I've ever played...

But... yeah... I have like 900 MP3s, so I'd probably end up just running Winamp in the background...