• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest dogson

Marketing suggestion

Guest dogson

Hi,

I was thinking, being an addicted DVD purchaser, that marketing a separate Doom III : Collector's Edition would be a great idea. Publish the Game on a DVD-ROM (or CD-ROM), and include the title-game(duh!) as well as Doom, Doom II and maybe a little featurette : "Behind the doors of id softare". I know a lot of people who would go out and buy a title such as this, so I think it would be a really good sell idea.

Thanks for taking the time

Still, as much damn space as they would have left over they could just as easily throw in all the prerelease versions, the source code, and just maybe JC could sit his ass down in front of a Webcam for twenty minutes and give a little verbal speech on the history of Doom.

Or something like that. It would certainly sweeten the deal.

You know what would be even better? If it came with all of the other games that were based on the Doom engine as well. Pretty damned unlikely but it'd still be cool.

BTW, you hear about Duke4? At first they were all, "Our build systems are P3-450's with Voodoo3's and the occaisional GeForce." and now they're all, "[Will it even play well on a GeForce?] It will play, but that depends on your definition of 'well'."

Goddammit. Now I really gotta get a Hercules 3D Prophet II 64.

WTF?
Damn, they´re screwing the game. The high specs are probably because of those high res textures.
Speaking of DooM engined games, there aren´t that many, there´s Strife, Heretic, Heretic : Shadow of the Serpent Riders, HeXen, HeXen : Deathkings of the Dark Citadel, that HACX (something like that) game and, well, every TC that we´ve seen until today.

I don´t know you, but i´m not changing my graphic´s card until DooM 3 arrives.

Guest elyuca

Since this is DOOM, and not just any other game, I think they should have a very detailed history of doom, including alphas, betas, original ideas, things that didnt make the game etc.

Zaldron said:

WTF?
Damn, they´re screwing the game. The high specs are probably because of those high res textures.
Speaking of DooM engined games, there aren´t that many, there´s Strife, Heretic, Heretic : Shadow of the Serpent Riders, HeXen, HeXen : Deathkings of the Dark Citadel, that HACX (something like that) game and, well, every TC that we´ve seen until today.

I don´t know you, but i´m not changing my graphic´s card until DooM 3 arrives.

Strife was a fucking awesome game. You can still get it over at www.underdogs.org , IIRC...

I spit upon Duke4 and it's ludicrous system requirements. If it ever comes out.

I'd certainly love to see a collectors pack, but they'd have to make sure they made enough of them. I suspect there'd be alot more demand than for the Q3 one, for example.

You´re kidding?
This game will probably beat Diablo II sales record.

Even if by when DooM 3 cames out, i don´t have the minimum specs, i´m buying it anyway.