Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cacoman

will anyof you play doom 2-1 when 3 comes out

Guest cacoman

well i for 1 am not coze im using a 133 penteum with a 4mb 3d excel card and a cable modem i cant even run quake3 yet i own it and i can run quake2 under the lowest detail seting so if i even whanted to play doom3 i whould have to spend like 500$ to upgrade. and yet doom3 might just be using the triditional quake3 engine like there doing with reatern to castal wolfenstien who knows maby its going to need a very vast prossesor like a 500mhz cpu with a 64mb 3d card to run or maby its just going to look almost like quake3 other then it has single player stuff and different texturs ,models,guns,items
man we could of made a mod for quake3 calling it doom3 2 years ago. but still will anyof you play the classic doom coze the new one is just going to be the new one like quake to quake2 to quake 3 and well maby we allshould goto quake or quake2 i mean compared to grafix quake and quake2 serpass doom

Guest WolfenDoom

Can I just ask, how old are you?

Guest elyuca

You are not very informed, are you?

Guest Dream Destroyer

d (that's a thumbs down BTW). But, yes, Doom 3 is just a remake of Quake 3..... *stiffles laughter*

My first thoughts after I played Megaman 2 lo those many years ago I never thought it would get any better. Another year down the line 3 came out and I was totally blown away, I was just AMAZED that my little gray box could do something so complete and powerful.

Flash forward about twelve or so years.

I still play Megaman 2 every now and again, and 3. And 4. And 5. And 6. And 7. And 8. And Rockman & Forté on zSNES. And the Gameboy series too, 5 was awesome. And X. And X2. And X3. Man, I just played through X4 again YESTERDAY. =)

Old games never die, they simply get technologically surpassed. The quality of design and gameplay lives on forever. So to answer your question... yes, of course. When Doom 3 comes out and iD releases the Q2 source, you know what's going to happen? The quality and quantity of Doom ports will skyrocket, but even with filtered textures and MP3 music it's still the same game... people are just trying to justify to themselves another reason to play it again when we all know why.

Doom will never die. Simple as that. Neither will Casablanca. =)

Oh YEAH MAN! LETS GO QUAKE! What the fuck am i doing at Doomworld when i love Quake and Not DooM! (Sarcasm BTW!).

Jesus. What are you talking about? I couldnt seperate the words from eachother?!

Oh. So DooM3 is going to use the Q3 engine huh? Well why did Carmack say he was building a new one? And about graphics... Jesus christ.... I find JDooM better in graphics than Quake 1 and 2!

Oh, so its gonna use a "SUPERFAST" 500 Mzh. Ok i cant afford a cpu like THAT!... :Þ

NO its not gonna look like Quake 3! Its a new engine, and as far as we have heard. Its already prettier than Quake 3 (?)

But like you say. Lets waste those 7 years we have spent on DooM and go to Quake, where theres so many people that we would lose eachothers contacts and maybe even friendship! NOWAY im going to lamoland!

Thats not a flame! Its a sarcasm post! Im not saying he sucks or anything. Im not offending him or blah blah!

Guest Doom4Ever

i will allways play doom 2 till the day i die. and when i die i wand them to put my doom 2 cd back in its box, which i still have in mint condition, and bury me with it in my arms, so i can have it with me forever. but yes i will also play doom 3.

Guest cacoman
WolfenDoom said:

Can I just ask, how old are you?

ok sorry i was so ya knowbdut well YA my comp sux so much and im probly not going to get doom3 coze i need 500$ to make my comp do something please just forget all the stuff i said negitive about doom but hay i am new hear SORRY

deadnail said:

My God, deadnail! Me to! I remeber back when Megaman 2 came out!
and the down the road, out came 3, And 4, And 5, And 6, And 7, And 8, And X, And X2, And X3, And X4 ...etc, etc. And even Marvel versus Capcom has Megaman in it! Hell...I still play Atari-2600!

Guest Lawnmower Man

No, I will not play doom 1 or 2 if the 3 comes out and it worth the time.
And you know what; I don't even play FPS shooters anymore because they didn't make them as the old days.
I hate all. The bests of it keep me until 3 months (HL, UT).
And as for your computer, if D3 comes out after 2 years somewhere on 2002-3 you probably need more than 500 bucks for upgrade as the requirements will be at least a P4.

Guest Spectre

I hope this post is some kind of joke.

Guest Spectre
cacoman said:

ok sorry i was so ya knowbdut well YA my comp sux so much and im probly not going to get doom3 coze i need 500$ to make my comp do something please just forget all the stuff i said negitive about doom but hay i am new hear SORRY

You're going to need a lot more than $500 to even bring your computer up to TODAY'S standards...

cacoman said:

ok sorry i was so ya knowbdut well YA my comp sux so much and im probly not going to get doom3 coze i need 500$ to make my comp do something please just forget all the stuff i said negitive about doom

Ok!

deadnail said:

Hell, yeah! Megaman is the greatest. By far my favorite consol series. I personally prefer the older ones after 3 they got too easy. At least 7 had some level of difficulty involved in beating Wily.

As tempting as it is to say something mean, I'll try not to. Please start adding punctuation to your posts as well as separate sentances. Correct spelling would be nice, but as long as we can understand what you are saying it's fine. And do read up on what is going on with Doom 3 before you assume it to be less than it is (and will be).
In answer to your question, yes I will still play Doom and Doom 2. I personally love nostalgia, and simply the memories associated with the Dooms are enough to make me go back and play them.