Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
EllipsusD

The mini-boss

I've been thinking... why do you guys suggest that the mini-bosses (if included) in Doom 3 be larger versions of the normal enemies. When I see that happen in games I just question why? Why is there a big version of this miniscule enemy, and how did it get so big? Where did those new attacks come from and why am I supposed to be afraid of a larger target of the same frail enemy I've beaten 100 times over? If you ask me, enlarging an enemy to make a boss just shows a lack of imagination on some level. I want to see something new, something that I have to learn to defeat. Learning is a big part of gameplay, if you aren't learning something new, and are repeating the same menial tasks of beating the same tiresome enemies, the game becomes boring. Admit it, multiplayer is fun because it is largly unexpected. Enemies in single player, by tyoe and behavior should be as well.

You're right!

And another thing... A boss doesn't have to be a monster! It could be a whole mission as well! Like stop this spaceship from reaching some spacestation or whatever!

That´s because they´re demons. Single minded creatures. It´s like in real life. The bigger & stronger animals control the rest of the crowd.
This are generally more intelligent and capable creatures. They should be able to attack you in a more smart way.