Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Spectre

Different game modes

Guest Spectre

I've been reading the Doom 3 posts since the beginning, and I'm pretty sure nobody has brought up this idea...but I might be wrong, my memory sucks.

Anyway, I think it would be cool if after you complete a level, you can go back and play it in different game modes (like the Rainbow Six series has lone wolf, terrorist hunt, etc.). For those of you who haven't played the Rainbow Six series, this feature adds tremendous replayability. Here are some modes that I would like to see:

1. A "race against the clock" mode where you must beat the level in a certain amount of time, varying according to level size/difficulty.

2. An "elimination" mode, where you have to destroy all the enemies in the level.

3. Maybe a "survival" mode, sort of opposite of "elimination," where you are stripped down without any weapons, all the weapon pickups are removed from the level, and you have to make it through the level alive.

That's all I can think of right now. I'm NOT saying that id HAS to implement this feature in D3 to make it a good game, but I do think it would be damn smooth if they did. And if they don't, it would rock if someone made a mod that allowed this.

Guest Spectre
the-widow-maker said:

no way! doom is designed to be linear and straightfoward.In doom you dont think you shoot.poncing around should be left to rpgs

Oh, so I suppose that's why a lot of the original Doom and Doom 2 levels were almost puzzle like in design?

And besides, why would the additional game mode ideas I suggested make you have to "think" more? They would just be alternative ways to go back and play the same level over again.

Guest Johnny Kaos

Like Resident evill kinda sorta more or less has its extras.

thinkiing RE:3's mercenary mode or RE:CV's battle mode.

I like the idea.

Guest Spectre

I have not yet played RE:3, could you describe what the mercenary and battle modes are like? Would it be cool to have something similar to them in D3?

Guest elyuca
the-widow-maker said:

no way! doom is designed to be linear and straightfoward.In doom you dont think you shoot.poncing around should be left to rpgs

i think his idea is a marvel compared to your shitfilled countless posts. And my house is still intact.

Guest Johnny Kaos
Spectre said:

I have not yet played RE:3, could you describe what the mercenary and battle modes are like? Would it be cool to have something similar to them in D3?

Well in RE:3

after you beat the original game you get a extra mode called
"the mercenaries".

it's a game were you have a time limit to make it from one end of town to the other end.

THE CITY IS FUCKIN HUGE...

Anyway they give you only two minutes to do it in.
but you get a couple of seconds added for every monster you kill, some more than others, and multiplied if you kill more than one per second.if you run out of time....you die.

at the begining of the game you choose 1 of 3 characters.

the characters dont have differnt attributes...but they do have diffent equipment(the only equipment you get)

1)the firt merc (the easy guy)
-rocket/luancher 8 missles
-magnum/24 bullets
-shotgun/never counted ammo.
-1 full heath thingy

2)second merc (the harder guy)
-machine gun/100% ammo(runs fast)
-good gun/never counted ammo
-2 full health thingys

3)third merc (nightmare mode?)
-sorry ass gun/15 weak ass bullets
-a knife
-4 health thingys(you'll need them all)

you'll run thru the same city as the normal game.
its just that you do it kinda backward and the monsters are placed differnt.

if you manage to make it thru the game, you get a grade. you also get money based on that grade. when you have enuff cash you can buy super kick ass weapons with infinate ammo for the normal RE:3

example:
I got $3000 so a bought a gatling gun.
start a new game and you look in the equipment stash and you have a gatling gun.

you can buy a rocket luancher(infinte ammo) and a machinegun(inf. ammo) and also if you get $99999 you can buy infinite ammo for every weapon secret and regular.

in RE:CV

you get "battle mode"
you run thru a few rooms were the monters are place differnt.
your timed.(but you not racing the clock)
they give you the choice of characters/eqipment again.
but everyones got infinite ammo.(it's a blast fest)

no rewards tho.

Guest Spectre

Sounds groovy. The "mercenary" mode sounds like something that I would really like to see in D3.

the-widow-maker said:

You are such a moron... useless too. Weren't you just the one suggesting that the player gain experience LIKE IN A RPG!? Just stop talking, alright?
As far is the question goes... great idea. I have played several games where beating them unlocks new ways of playing them, and these games seem to be the most satisfying. I would definately like to see it.

Guest dmddoug

sweet idea. you could also have secret guns and maybe codes to unlock as well as different play modes.