Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
the-widow-maker

split-screen doom3

I reckon that doom 3 should have a four player deathmatch option in split screen mode.Obviously the graphics would have to be greatly toned down for this to work,but I'm sure it would be damn cool if it did.Rather than forking out much money on pcs for a network,just plug in some sidewinders,invite round some mates,and your away!.(If elyuca comments on this in a bad way I will take it that he doesnt have any friends to invite round and so wouldn't take this innovation as a good idea)

Guest Dream Destroyer

ummmm, yes, a hot choclate would be good right about now.

No. Thats not a good idea! You have to think about the mouse! Doom3 will probably requier a mouse, and how would you be able to play without one? Also, a 4-split screen? WOW, you must have some VERY tiny friends, considering you would have t sit at one keyboard!

Guest Dream Destroyer
Shaviro said:

Can i have some hot chocelate as well, Dreamy?

Damn Woman, go make me some pie.

Shaviro said:

No. Thats not a good idea! You have to think about the mouse! Doom3 will probably requier a mouse, and how would you be able to play without one? Also, a 4-split screen? WOW, you must have some VERY tiny friends, considering you would have t sit at one keyboard!

'just plug in some sidewinders' refers to the game pad so you could actually do it.

Guest Dream Destroyer
Shaviro said:

Can i have some pie as well, Dreamy?

heehhehe!

NO!!! Woman, you learn your role, and you learn it good.

Guest elyuca

Since I dont care (or anybody else for the matter) about what you think, Ill say something anyway.

Sidewinders? Only you can have fun with a couple of friends and some "joysticks" to "plug in"

FPSs are made to be played with your dominant hand on the mouse and the other on the keyboard. Thats why all the ported PC-console FPSs suck-the controller is hit in comparison th what a keyboard/mouse combo can do.
There is not enough buttons on a sidewinder (joystick or gamepad) to swith through all the weapons like a mouses ability to use its roller to do the same. (imagine pressing a button 8 times to get to the BFG!)
Besides, how will you be able to move your head to look around? you need an analog device like a mouse to do that.
So whatever you meant by sidewinder: if its the joystick, it doesnt have enough buttons, and its missing a z-axis. If its the gamepad, you dont hae freelook, and again, not enough buttons.

Guest Dream Destroyer
Shaviro said:

Noway goddammit cowface in a pissmuggers assgoat! :)

N0w4y g0dd3mm1t c0wf4c3 1n 4 p155mugger5 455g04t????
Stop using hacker lingo bitch.