Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shaviro

A log in Doom3!

Yeah i know this is an old post.... but read it anyways!

This is an idea i got from the game "Bioforge". IN Bioforce he writes a log about what has happened throughout the game. And he writes it WHILE playing, so you can go read a description of everything. Maybe making it a bit more scary, more exciting.... That way they could make more INGAME story, where the player keeps revealing stuff.....

That´s a great feature of some RPGs.
I don´t know if DooM3 storyline will provide to the marine the time to write this stuff. I would love to see some descriptions about the enemies and pictures hand-sketched. And regular entries in his log, depicting how he feel about the whole issue.

All the Infinity engine RPGs (Baldurs' Gate, etc) have logs, and objective lists too.

Planescape Torment's is particularly good, as it adds info about new enemies and NPCs as you meet them.

It's a good idea, but the log should have at least 2 versions. Otherwise the game becoms too linear 'feeling' even though you may have ten paths to choose from. It's like Star Fox 64 in a way. Every time you played, you had to go through the first level, and all the story based dialog got quite repetative.
If implemented right, it will be great.

Guest Messiah
Zaldron said:

That´s a great feature of some RPGs.
I don´t know if DooM3 storyline will provide to the marine the time to write this stuff. I would love to see some descriptions about the enemies and pictures hand-sketched. And regular entries in his log, depicting how he feel about the whole issue.

Cutscenes at the end of every level (or every other level...whatever) would give the marine time to write the log and it would be pretty cool if he talked while writing this log too. Also it would be pretty cool if he started to lose his mind as the game progressed....just an idea. The cutscenes would, of course, have to use in game graphics too.