Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest dmddoug

in the eyes of a demon

Guest dmddoug

i haven't had time to read through the other 7000 posts so just ignor this if it has already been said.

what if in doom 3 there are 2 play modes one as a marine and the other as a demon. It could have like different story lines and different weapons and such. The demon story line could be the conquest of earth and the marine story line could just be classic doom. i thought it was a decent idea but i don't know if the makers of doom would take time to create 2 different perspectives of the game. just thought i'd lob that over the fence and see what happens.

Sounds a little like Alien vs. Predator. No that it's a bad idea, but I seriously doubt that adding that would be a big hit with the Doom community. These same people would go wild over it if it was a user created mod, but having it in the normal game as a standard option would seem to be straying too far from the Doom feeling.

Just a couple of posts back we talked about this as a mission pack. I would love to play as a Demon.

Guest JudgeDooM

Yeah, good idea. Some of us had this idea too for the multiplayer, where once you take the "demon" power-up, it transforms you in a demon, and you gets its strenght, its attacks (such as fireballs), and speed or slowness. But yes, for the singleplayer it would fit well.

Guest Lament

...Or a lost soul - great for speedruns :-0

Guest Doom4Ever

i think this could be interesting but on the other hand...
it would be very dumb. how many deamons,imps,even cypber deamons does this 1 marine kill? you as 1 measely deamon? its rainbow six where the terrorists can get 10,000 times and then they go get a health and kill you in 1 hit.