Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Disorder

*<<<...I'm gonna save this forum... >>>>*

Everybody is always flaming eachother at this forum... That sh*t is not gonna do us any good.. So here comes my solution :

Serious ideas for DooM III,

Smashing Doors &gt; How about this, you think you're stuck. there's no way out. But wait ! There's a door in front of you... Damn, it's locked. No problemo dude. Smash it ! that would be cool. Just smash doors, of course this wouldn't work with strong doors... Enemies are allowed to do this too...This would give a creepy effect... Imagine yourself standing in front of a door and you would hear some heavy pounding from the other side...

Weather &gt; I want all kinds of weather in DooM III. How about some thunderstorms. Or some rain... Or snow, that would give a dramatic effect...

Tresspasser thingie &gt; How about the ability to pick up and throw objects to enemies as seen in Tresspasser (you know, that damn dino-game). Only this time, make it a little easier...

Lights out &gt; It would be nice if enemies were smart enough to turn off the light. And you could actually see them do it.
With all the lights out, the growling would be a lot scarier than it already was...

Feet &gt; I would like to see my damn feet when I look down.

Bullets &gt; I would like to see the bullets glow a little in the dark.. Imagine them fly right past you with high speed... And while I'm at it... Give them a high whistling sound... Cool..

By the way... How would a soldier look like in the future? I hope not as some sort of stupid robot. That would suck...

I know these are not my best ideas ever. But all I'm trying to do here is get some discussions going again !!!!!!!!!
So please respond..

***NO - FLAMING - HERE***

Look, there's hardly ever been any real flaming here, so I wish people would stop going on about it before it DOES start a proper flame war.

There has even been any real unpleasantness in the past couple of days, so I think you're being a tad slow anyway.

If you think "go away" or "this post is stupid", or someone saying "you're gay" is flaming, or that flaming is just people being slightly unpleasant to each other, then you're wrong. This is real flaming:

guy 1: "F**k you motherf**king a**e licking son of a b***h"

guy 2: "You s**t eating c**k s**king grandma s***ger"

guy 1: "Kiss my f**king d**k you mutated ball of cum-puke"

guy 3: "Shut the f**k up you s**t-tongued a**e freaks"

etc, etc, etc

The kind of thing Jeremy comes out with every so often, in fact... hehe, joke :)

Anyway, onto your ideas. I think they've nearly all been mentioned before, but what the hell.

Smashing doors: maybe there should be an obvious crack or buckling on on them or something. BTW, monsters bashing down doors has been done a few times before in FPS games, most noticeably in Half-life.

Weather: depends where the levels are set. Weather on Phobos or Mars wouldn't make much sense. Dunno whether you'd get it in Hell either for that matter :)

Tresspasser: loads of people were discussing this the other month. Generally it was agreed that it would be cool.

Lights: yes, and as I've suggested before, the enemies' vision should be affected by the light levels too; some should be able to see in the dark better than others (the Imps would look cool with glowing eyes).

Feet: didn't you know? Doom 3 won't have mouselook or jumping. Well, it wouldn't if certain people in these forums got their way...

Bullets: nice idea about the whistling sound, but would having them glow be at all realistic? If not, you might as well bung in matrix style bullet trails too :)

NiGHTMARE said:

Anyway, onto your ideas. I think they've nearly all been mentioned before, but what the hell.

Hey man, I know most of these ideas have been posted before. Some were even posted by myself !!
But the point is... There should be more posts like these instead of useless posts as &gt; "I bought a new VoodooCard today.." Personally, I don't give a f*ck about that damn card...

I would really like to see some more posts as these... But, of course, with brand-new ideas !!

Smashing Doors : If you introduce this kind of interaction into a game you would have to apply that realism to the rest of the game also for concistency... It makes no sense to be able to smash down doors but not, for example, open windows normally or push objects around.

Weather : This would be cool in certain places. I've always imagined Phobos and Deimos to be very barren, icy places. Walking trough snowy plains, the sound of snow crushing beneeth your boots and the wind howling around you, would be pretty cool.

Tresspasser thingie : I hope you're not referring to the Arm. It is the single most horrifying thing I've seen yet in a game. I mean, shit, it's like you're carrying around a 4 ft. long limb of dead flesh... very clumsy, and very unlike Doom.

Monsters turning lights off : surely not the original Doom enemies - Demons rely on strength and energy, not the ability to manipulate their environment. It would be cool to be able to shoot out lights yourself, or have them accidentally shot out by monsters, to produce that flickery light effect we all remember from Doom.

Feet : Sounds like a good idea, I haven't seen it yet in a first-person game... shooting yourself in the foot should be good for a laugh :)

Bullets : Yeah, it would be cool to be more aware of incomign lead, like in that opening scene from Saving Private Ryan - where you actually hear them flying past and ricocheting off the scenery.

"How would a soldier look like in the future? I hope not as some sort of stupid robot. That would suck..." : If you're referring to Doom guy's uniform and helmet, I am convinced it would be a bad move not to put it in Doom 3. The Quake III Arena "Doom" model looks great - that's the kind of stuff I'd like to see in the new Doom game. If they can make three dimensional models that look like the original low-res 2D sprites, I don't see why the appearance of players and monsters should be changed.

Ummm... Phobos and Deimos have less atmosphere than the Earth's moon, so snow or wind? I think not :) There's an incredibly tiny chance that there will even be any water on either of them.

As for the uniform thing, I believe he's refferring to one of Deadnail's post where he talked about what weapons and armour will probably be like in the future.

Guest PFCGray
NiGHTMARE said:

The smashing door thing sounds good, but can I add one other thing? Perhaps maybe there could be a feature where the enemies are in front of you, don't see you, but unlike the previous DOOM games, they don't just stand still, but rather move farther away from you not knowing you were behind them. And also whenever a deomon is shot, they don't just make a noise, they look around and find out who shot them. Add some facial expressions to make it more realistic!

I don't think that anyone is going to make a new FPS where all the enemies just stand still when they haven't seen you...

NiGHTMARE said:

Ummm... Phobos and Deimos have less atmosphere than the Earth's moon, so snow or wind? I think not :) There's an incredibly tiny chance that there will even be any water on either of them.

As for the uniform thing, I believe he's refferring to one of Deadnail's post where he talked about what weapons and armour will probably be like in the future.

What's to say it happens on Phobos or Deimos, you people are too closed-minded

S./

Not a bad set of ideas, most of them have been brought up before but I'm not gonna slag you for that. However, most of them have also been torn apart as well, (for example the fact that a player is simply a non-visible entity (or a box really) so there could be no feet visible)

Welp, back to the old drawing board Disorder... but keep up the good work soldier.. I like how you're trying to clean up this town.. er forum

S./

Lord FlatHead said:

If you're referring to Doom guy's uniform and helmet, I am convinced it would be a bad move not to put it in Doom 3.

Well, actually, I really liked the looks of that DooM-soldier too... But I'm just hoping that they're not gonna change that !!
There are too many sf-games out there with stupid designs...

SoKatH said:

What's to say it happens on Phobos or Deimos, you people are too closed-minded

S./

Try reading his post and my reply again. He said that he "always imagined..." and I was just ruining his imaginings, I never said that Doom 3 should be set on Phobos or Deimos.

Personally I think it should be set on a spacestation, Io and/or Europa, Deimos (HEAVILY infested though) and of course Hell.

If they do decide to set part of it on Earth, I just hope they do it well. Maybe they should make the cities Blade Runner style, that'd be cool :)