Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PFCGray

Edible enemies and items

Guest PFCGray

I just thought of something, wouldn't it be cool for the enemies to actually EAT the enemies even after they're dead? Think about it. If the monster wants to carry on his rage, what better why to take it out on than to eat your opponent? For an added bonus, how bout the monsters burp out the bones or something?
But this shouldn't be limited to just monsters eating each other, what if the monsters could also eat the items, powerups etc. that you pick up? I mean in the first book Fly sees an Imp eating a red key card. What if this could be applied to everything else? One thing for sure, it would make the game a lot harder in some cases and encourage players to use quicksave more often!

More suggestions to come from me later.

You know how in deathmatch when killed, before you respawn you can see opponent(s) running around? An option to urinate on dead body would be nice, so they could see you doing that to them :)

I can think of some people I'd like to eat... not in a canibalistic way...
Sorry... I say strange things when my back hurts. But in responce to the post, that would be interresting if not taken to an extreme. Certain lesser enemies (definately zombies) should eat the dead. Burning out bones... bad idea... too corny. Jokes are meant to be corny, not games. Eating items? Only stupid enemies who don't understand what the item is. If it seems natural for the creature to do that kind of thing, then it would work, but if a baron ate an armor jacket? Bad idea.
Silly rabbit, tricks are for hookers.

Guest PFCGray

How is it corny? Have you read the first book? Arlene describes to Fly that she saw a demon eat an imp and then burp out the spikes. And as I said Fly sees an imp that eats a red key. What I like about the idea is that it doesn't have to happen every time. Once in a while it could happen unexpectedly and would make the game harder possibly to the point where you could get stuck if the monster ate a key. This would give the player only the choice to either quickload a game or just quit.
Oh and plus, it would be just the small items and power ups, you know like the health potions, spiritual armor, medkits etc. Maybe if they did that it would heal the monsters somewhat too! Another added challenge! I don't think things as big as the armor vests and rad suits are edible! If you want me to, how bout I rephrase the "eating" of items to "using". Only imps and maybe barons would be smart enough for that, so it wouldnt go overboard.

Guest PFCGray
fodders said:

You know how in deathmatch when killed, before you respawn you can see opponent(s) running around? An option to urinate on dead body would be nice, so they could see you doing that to them :)

Although I have noticed your sarcasm, that actually doesn't sound like a bad idea! Hell, they do have game ratings right? THAT would be corny, but still funny!

I don't know about making it harder... I mean, if an imp ate the red key card, I would just take out my rocket launcher, gib it, and grab the card from among the bloody chucks. That could be an interesting idea, if you could still get the items by killing the enemy that ate them.

Guest PFCGray

Hmmm not a bad idea either, as long as the rocket blast didn't destroy the card with the imp.

Guest banann
PFCGray said:

How is it corny? Have you read the first book? Arlene describes to Fly that she saw a demon eat an imp and then burp out the spikes. And as I said Fly sees an imp that eats a red key. What I like about the idea is that it doesn't have to happen every time. Once in a while it could happen unexpectedly and would make the game harder possibly to the point where you could get stuck if the monster ate a key. This would give the player only the choice to either quickload a game or just quit.
Oh and plus, it would be just the small items and power ups, you know like the health potions, spiritual armor, medkits etc. Maybe if they did that it would heal the monsters somewhat too! Another added challenge! I don't think things as big as the armor vests and rad suits are edible! If you want me to, how bout I rephrase the "eating" of items to "using". Only imps and maybe barons would be smart enough for that, so it wouldnt go overboard.

Sorry if i act funny, but i have heard you are talking about "the first book"... I have never heard it, and I can only wonder what it could be... is it some kind of scenario, story or DooM novel? could you tell me what is it, and if there is a chance to find it on the net? thanks...

Guest PFCGray

NUMBNUTS!! You've never heard of the book "Doom: Knee-Deep in the Dead" by Dafydd ab Hugh and Brad Linaweaver? The first in a series of four books? The other 3 are "Hell on Earth", "Infernal Sky", and "Endgame". Only the first is still in print, but lucky me has all 4 of them! HEHEHE!

Guest banann

Heh, your right - i've never heard of these books... Im from Poland, and we have rather poor consiousness of such positions here:( You have to know that ive always been looking for something like that... i understand that its impossible to download, but maybe there is some kind of mail-buy? dontya know?