Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JudgeDooM

McGee-like reaction on Doom III engine

Guest JudgeDooM

I saw this article in a french PC games magazine. Of course I'll translate it. Here:
"As the final version of Doom III is not planned to be released before 2002, Id Software has already presented a tech demo of the 3D engine that will be used by the game. Sverre Kvernmo was invited, and Nelson Monfort interviewed him at the end of the show:"I saw Doom III running today. My jawbone is still on the floor in Id's basement, and I think we will negotiate a new foreland. Carmack is still largely above everyone, though I've recently seen the latest version of Epic and Monolith engines!"

Wow, Dima, looks like your signature is right!!

Man, I want a playable demo, and I want it now!

I just need a screenshot of a projected shadow, that´s all I need to understand what´s he´s doing...

Guest JudgeDooM
NiGHTMARE said:

A playable demo? I doubt that that's possible at this stage. A tech demo maybe :)

yeah, I forgot to precise that. A TECH demo. Like the Serious Sam TECH Demo, or No One Lives Forever TECH Demo.

My ass he interviewed him... that quote was something Sverre Kvernmo said to me in an email and posted on Doomworld.

Guest JudgeDooM

Really? Then, I missed that one. I just saw McGee impression on Doom III engine posted on DoomWorld.

Today I downloaded the demo version of Blade Of Darkesss with my new ADSL connection (finally!!) and honestly I wasn't impressed!
The shadows didn't impress me at all and I hope DOOM won't have such crappy graphics!

Guest JudgeDooM

Of course it won't have these graphics, they will be a lot better. But personally, I love Severance! I find the graphics cool. The combat system is very good too (u can perform combos).