Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

DoomNation -=Frag.com=-

This is begening to piss me off.
Whay did the admin of Frag.com never tell ANYONE what happened, why they hell wont they re-open?
Hell, how long has it even been gone, hasn't it been a year?
And are they ever coming back?
It's very sad...DoomNation was way better than ANY other Doom Site. It was better than DW, ND, DHQ, and DG all smashed together, for, it WAS the Doom NATION. But I still wonder, when/is it ever going to re-open. I mean, maybe the people of DN didnt know what happened, but the people of Frag.com should damnit! I want to see DoomNation back.
Maybe they will make an apearance for DooM-]I[ ??

Bub? WTF? You Wolverine now?

"You're the best at what you do."

Anyway, straying from the blatantly homosexual skintight yellow spandex with blue stripes I agree with you. Why the hell did Jeremy feel this needed to be said? If you ask me, just about all Doom sites completely suck. Shitty design, blurry game textures as backgrounds, blaring midi in the background, messed up frames and only content that's been regurgitated time and time again. Doomworld and NewDoom are practically the only Doom sites that don't offend my eyes, and NewDoom is borderline.

BTW, don't you find it annoying that with practically every new member here makes a thread someone asks for him to be banned? Nah, you probably ignore it.

Another question (No, it's not the 'Doomworld webmaster' thing that us proletarians can't edit), why don't you throw down a little CSS on these forums to change the colors of the boxes? I'm sick of seeing white... probably as much as Tsareppsun is.

<head>
<title></title>
<meta bullshit>
<style type="text/css">
INPUT {background-color: #000050; color: #c0c0c0}
TEXTAREA {background-color: #005000; color: #c0c0c0}
</style>
</head>

(Just a really, really shitty example.)

Now now, just because you are in the presense of Linguica, doesnt mean you have to condone visiting doomworld over every other site.Doomworld is great but I have to say that doom nation rivals it in content (if it ever got going again)

Jeremy said:

It's very sad...DoomNation was way better than ANY other Doom Site. It was better than DW, ND, DHQ, and DG all smashed together, for, it WAS the Doom NATION.

This boy has a lotta guts to say this on Doomworld.com...

deadnail said:

I tried to explain something with graphics some posts ago, but I couldnĀ“t get them working. Not even links.

Guest Dark_Fox

I miss doomnation too, but doomworld is still a good site.. :)
The one I check everyday now..

Guest Dream Destroyer
deadnail said:

Thanks a lot! :p

That ain't nothing. Whaddaya want? CSS for the...
font faces and sizes, in points/centimeters?
true indentations?
control the colors of the scrollbar over there on the right?
font faces in select boxes/inputs/text areas?
image filters such as lens flares and blurs?

A good and handy site for stringing some CSS commands together with given examples would be:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/css/site1014.asp?RLD=292

Of course I haven't checked that in a while, hopefully that page is still there for your learning pleasure.

Oh, and while on DoomHQ I would suggest filling out the title="?" attribute for your anchor tags... gives a nice little tooltip like the alternate text for images. Goes well with a mouseover status bar change, just like fish & chips.

I beleave that doomnation was hosted by someone at school and got caught.