Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PFCGray

Vocal Monsters

Guest PFCGray

Ummmmmmm I'm not sure if this is really important but do you think the monsters can talk in the next game? Maybe zombies just babling strange things that just comes out of their mouth? It doesn't have to make sense. Maybe the imps might talk too. But whatever the case, I would not like to hear a cyberdemon talking; it would make the whole earth shake, in the real world! LOL j/k guys.

Oh and uh, looks as though we DID take that asexual/sexual thing a little too far; at the forums page for this forum its been changed to something about talkin about sexual fantasies or Doom 3. I'll admit thats kinda funny.

Hiya Cactusjack157007. Easy name to remember.

We've talked about this before. Have you ever played System Shock 2? The zombies in that displayed a good dosage of uncontrollable mutterings.

On a side note, I'd also like to see a Bull Demon 25 feet tall in this one. I only bring it up because one of the posts on it got an argument going on when it screamed it would uproot trees, not from volume but by wind exhaled.

Hmm... what language would an Imp speak? Would this just end up like Blood where they half make up a language and half mix together a few dead languages?

Guest Dark_Fox

Latin, that would really be creepy, like the old druid monks..
Kinda like what happened in the moive Event Horizen.. The possed crew member who killed everyone spoke latin..

deadnail said:

Hiya Cactusjack157007. Easy name to remember.

We've talked about this before. Have you ever played System Shock 2? The zombies in that displayed a good dosage of uncontrollable mutterings.

On a side note, I'd also like to see a Bull Demon 25 feet tall in this one. I only bring it up because one of the posts on it got an argument going on when it screamed it would uproot trees, not from volume but by wind exhaled.

Hmm... what language would an Imp speak? Would this just end up like Blood where they half make up a language and half mix together a few dead languages?

Mmhh, many of the ancient and hidden obcuratism books have been written in Latin, Roman, Arabic, Hebrew, and some other languages completely lost now.
I would like to see a Baron of Hell talking, they seem to have the hierarchy and the brain to do it. Maybe telephatically, since their mouths doesn´t look like they could shape human words very easily.
The Zombies are not really zombies, but possessed guys. So they should be able to talk, but with some bizarre accent and mostly useless babblings.

Guest RTC Marine

i wanna see a bile demon off Dungeon Keeper in Doom ]I[
They Look Cool As! =)

Guest Lament
Zaldron said:

Mmhh, many of the ancient and hidden obcuratism books have been written in Latin, Roman, Arabic, Hebrew, and some other languages completely lost now.
I would like to see a Baron of Hell talking, they seem to have the hierarchy and the brain to do it. Maybe telephatically, since their mouths doesn´t look like they could shape human words very easily.
The Zombies are not really zombies, but possessed guys. So they should be able to talk, but with some bizarre accent and mostly useless babblings.

Hebrew and Arabic are not lost, they speak Hebrew in Israel and Arabic in arabic countries (heh) in basically the same form as thousands of years ago.
Latin would be cool. Especially beause some dorks would get the vocabularies and sit there for hours trying to translate it ;)

But do imps have intelligence after all? :)))))

Guest Jadar

Some strange tounges like the cultist in Blood 1 would be cool...

Guest PFCGray
Lament said:

Hebrew and Arabic are not lost, they speak Hebrew in Israel and Arabic in arabic countries (heh) in basically the same form as thousands of years ago.
Latin would be cool. Especially beause some dorks would get the vocabularies and sit there for hours trying to translate it ;)

But do imps have intelligence after all? :)))))

I'll have you know I'm taking Latin, but hey it would be cool.

Guest NiCoTiNe

they should just record real words and run them backwards in the game.

That way you could have the fun of extracting the sounds and reversing them to found out what they say - just like John Romero's head in doom2.

Everyone who has ever played doom2 has extracted the end noise and played it backwards haven't they? HAVEN'T THEY?! ;)

Guest PFCGray

I havent cuz I dont have any editors and dont know how to edit. I know, I suck.