Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PFCGray

One BIG Level

Guest PFCGray

Replies don't realy get noticed, so I decided to post a new message.

About that teleporter stuff, I have an idea. Maybe we can make the teleporters similar to what they were in Hexen; short range for within the area and long range to go to the next hub. But instead of having hubs like the ones in Hexen, why not make Doom 3 just one big game with the hubs called "sectors"? And while you're using the sector teleport, there could be some cool tunnel rushing past you like in "Stargate" when they first went though the gate (not the whole sequence, just that first few seconds of it). About the concept of "sectors", how bout there would be no transition or intermission screens? You how in Hexen when you finished an "episode" there was a story screen and you couln't go back to that "episode"? Well, in Doom 3 I think it should be made that there are at least 20 sectors (hubs), but you would have to keep revisiting each sector all the time. In other words, no "episodes".

One last remark; how about a special one-of-a-kind teleport that leads you to the final boss of the game? It would be really cool if it stood next to you when you started the game and the whole point of going through the game is to find the switch that unlocks it. Here would be the place to make the full "tunnel" transition of the teleport.

Guest Lament
PFCGray said:

Well, in Doom 3 I think it should be made that there are at least 20 sectors (hubs), but you would have to keep revisiting each sector all the time.

You will very soon get BORED of getting LOST all the time... :p

Guest RTC Marine

why don't they make doom 3 like half life a little? make it so instead an end of a level, you pass through one set of sectors to another. that would make things alot more fun! :)

<< One last remark; how about a special one-of-a-kind teleport that leads you to the final boss of the game? It would be really cool if it stood next to you when you started the game and the whole point of going through the game is to find the switch that unlocks it. Here would be the place to make the full "tunnel" transition of the teleport. >>

See Quake 1.

Guest NiCoTiNe

I hope doom3 doesn't have hubs like Hexen.

I have owned a copy of Hexen since it's release, and to this day I have never even had the patience to complete Seven Portals (1st hub!!).

Guest PFCGray
NiGHTMARE said:

<< One last remark; how about a special one-of-a-kind teleport that leads you to the final boss of the game? It would be really cool if it stood next to you when you started the game and the whole point of going through the game is to find the switch that unlocks it. Here would be the place to make the full "tunnel" transition of the teleport. >>

See Quake 1.

Never played it.

NiCoTiNe said:

I hope doom3 doesn't have hubs like Hexen.

I have owned a copy of Hexen since it's release, and to this day I have never even had the patience to complete Seven Portals (1st hub!!).

i beat 7 portals last week. started on christmas eve adn finished the next day