Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest dylangivens

Re-Born CyberDemon!!!

Guest dylangivens

Okay for you guys who see me come in here once in a while with Shameless plugs, you would know what Re-Born is! But for those who don't, here's the load down. Re-Born is a MOD for Quake 3 Arena that hopes (we can't PROMISE) to bring to life a Doom-Like game feautring a lot of new and returning themes from Doom. We have a lot of Talented people on the team including the talented KingOfDaveness and JQ as our texture and skin artists, Demon as our main modeler, and NoVA, EvilDave, QuadKilla, Exu, and Red Eyes as mappers. Anyways, over that past few weeks we have got alot of work done and we hope to have a beta out soon. But till then I would like to show you guys what the Model of the CyberDemon will look like. Follow this link
http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~polycount/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001053.html?015-200101041918
You will need the approprait 3D plug-in to view it. But it's worth a look see. Now we aren't trying to be EXACT to Id, because we are not Id. We are just trying to make a good game. Well...that's about it. Demon has started on a Cacodemon next the Imp. Well that's all

dylan

A really nice looking model, but why there isn´t any smoothing groups placed? (I can´t believe md3 doesn´t support that feature, or maybe is the plugin who can´t?)

There´s some kind of weird tetrahedron popping out of the top-front zone of the right leg (the one with the mechanical foot).

Guest dylangivens

Well this is just the Poly-Model with out any smoothing in. But, it will look much better onced smoothed and skin. And as for the leg, I'm not sure what you are talking about! Could you describe it a little for clearer?

dylan

I do the smoothing while modelling, that way I can figure out when some vertex is out of place, the lighting gets odd.

Look at the right leg, close to the pelvis. You´ll see that the smooth surface is interrumped by 5 triangles popping out like if someone just stabbed the Cybie with some kind of sharp stone.

UPDATE : It´s the mechanical leg, it ends a little too high, so it merges with the flesh part.

Guest dylangivens

Actually this was brought up on the preview post of it. What is happening is the leg polys are being shot straight up into the leg.This was done for 2 reasons. poly effiency and smoothing. It seems to be that he wants a hard edge where the flesh meets metal. Besides any half decent video cad is gonna render it fine up close any from far away your not gonna notice it anyways. Its been working fine in the max viewport anyway. Thanks for the concern anyways.

dylan

Guest DJ UAC

shouldnt the whole leg br robotic???
in the sprite it kinda is.

Looks cool. :) Just hope someone remembers while skinning that the eyes of a Cyberdemon are on the sides of the head, not in front (like that Cyberdemon 2000 skin. Good, but the eyes always bugged me! ;)

Anywho, thats about all I can say. :^)

Test-0

Guest Mr Row

Looks Good can't whait for the skin..
..but what modell program did you use??
3d Max 3 or Milkshape or somthing eles