Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

The Thing...Monster idea. Best. Must read.

Well, if any of you have seen the ol' 80's movie, "The Thing", you will notice a cool thing about that monster. It has the ability to shift it bone structure to anything it has devoured...therefore, it could discuise itself as a fellow marine, and sudenly morph into an Imp, but the Imp would have to look deformed, becuase it cannot morph perfectly :)
I think it's a pretty good idea. The Thing rocked!!

Never saw that one. Anyone here read? Dean Koooooooooontz has about 1 good book (as in a book that is more pleasuring to read than jamming a nail through your eye, God he fucking sucks) and I think it's called Phantoms or something.

Anyway the creature is a pre-pre-prehistoric lifeform that has the ability to shapeshift into anything it's eaten, the twist is that it can also shapeshift into anything what it's eaten has envisioned (dream, fantasy, art).

Thus since it's been around since the beginning of life it can be any number of dinosaurs, but when it eats the artist it can also be a gigantic evil moth or a gargoyle or whatever.

There was a movie for it (how I found out, believe me you read one Koontz novel and you DON'T try another one). It was a little predictable but otherwise is a decent watch with some basic CG effects in it for good measure. I think it's called Phantoms... or Phantasms or Phalynx or Phallics who cares. Rent it. How many damned Kuunts movies begin with 'P'? :)

Guest elyuca

Good idea bitchcocko, It'll be cool to have a pool of imps and this morphing creature disquised as an imp inside the pool, he then morphs into a gigantic, hiddeous creature (im still thinking about what it would be) and all the imps arround it explode in bloody goodness, then you have to fight him as an endlevel boss.

Yeah,but from your previous post people started talking about cyborgs which I think is a good idea.Has any one seen that movie 'death machine'?they should take the robot right outta that cos' it was
1-huge.
2-fuckoff scary.
Jezus Jeremy,do you only come online at this time of the month cos you have been silent and the you go and post two in a row?

If I gave a fuck,would I be killing people?

elyuca said:

Good idea bitchcocko, It'll be cool to have a pool of imps and this morphing creature disquised as an imp inside the pool, he then morphs into a gigantic, hiddeous creature (im still thinking about what it would be) and all the imps arround it explode in bloody goodness, then you have to fight him as an endlevel boss.

LOL! What are you talking about? You aren´t serious with that, are you?

Guest elyuca

No, If they actually do that, I'll return the game

Guest PFCGray
deadnail said:

I've seen "The Thing" with Kurt Russel in it. As much as I love the movie, the monster thing would be a bad idea for me, unless like in the movie it infected every living thing it came in contact with and the marine would die from eventually being taken over by the "imitator".

deadnail said:

That movie was Phantoms. I saw it in the theatres the first time, it was pretty good. 2nd time was so-so. I'd still recommend it to anybody who hasn't seen it. Plus, it's got Liev Schreiber, that guy rules.