Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MaCvILeWhOrE

John Carmack on system specs(vid card anyway)

This i got from the slashdot forums :

We are still supporting linux.

The only downside of the next product is that initially it will probably only work at full feature level with the Nvidia OpenGL driver, but after the first test gets out (still a very long time in the future), I will jump back in to the driver development to try and bring the other open source drivers up to par.

John Carmack

Guest elyuca

Friend worls at best buy, he went to get a Geforce 2 mx, since hes an associate, he gets discount. But when he rang it up, I heard him scream all th way to the other side of the store. He was expecting to pay arroud 70-80 tops. It rang up at 43 and some cents, tax included! I instantly gave him $44 to so he can buy me one. Unfortunatelly, he got the last one. Now every associate and their friends have one on pre-order, I should get mine on Friday! Now I might actually be able to play Doom 3 above 10 fps on my old pc, so I can lan with my athlon, and what I will call my Doom 3 oc, which Ill get right arround when Doom 3 comes out (im saving up).

The only way you could POSSIBLY have hardware now that will even ATTEMPT to run Doom 3 at >20fps is if you have, say, a >1Ghz Thunderbird or a P4, and about 256MB of RAM, and probably a 64MB AGP card, preferably a Quadro2 or something similar. I mean, c'mon. The game's awhile away. And he said it'll be demanding even for the hardware of the time.

Eight texture passes at at time? Geez.

John Carmack

SORRY I PISSED IN YOUR COFFEE BITCH!!!!MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
THATS BECAUSE I AM DA ASS SUB WOOFER (guitar riff) ASS SUB WOOFER OH YEAH!!!(DRUM ROLL)
I am also 200% testicular compliant tranny free male :)

-------
i wonder what hed do if he saw that! :)
-------

RTC_Marine said:

SORRY I PISSED IN YOUR COFFEE BITCH!!!!MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!THATS BECAUSE I AM DA ASS SUB WOOFER (guitar riff) ASS SUB WOOFER OH YEAH!!!(DRUM ROLL)I am also 200% testicular compliant tranny free male :

THAT IS MAH SIGNATURE YA FOOL!

Katarhyne said:

Eight texture passes at at time? Geez.

What the hell could he possibly use 8 texture passes for?? Must have something to do with the new methods of lighting.

urgh TNT2... I'm throwing my m64 piece of shit in the bin. Long Live voodoo2.