• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnny Kaos

have we disscussed this?

Guest Johnny Kaos

Pain/blood on skin...

You can see a player go from a nice clean uniform. to bloody red.

Not talking about like in kingpin.(altho that might be better than what im going to say next)
But more like golden eye. this way you could put blood and plasma burns on the player.

(shoot him enuff with a plasma gun and he'll be visably crispy)
An advantage to this is...uh...well..fuck if now..(if there are any ladies that wanna fuck give me a call)

and how about blood leakage?
and water/slime foot prints like in duke.(I tracked down alotta folks that way.)

That's an amazing idea! I can't believe no one thought about it before. The blood/stains/black marks would add a nice realistic touch to it.

Blood leakage shouldn't be that prominent because if your cut really bad and running, it won't make much. Still a nice touch.

The footprint thing would also be sweet. They should have sounds whenever you are walking on certain floors. This has been done in a lot of games but it adds realism. If you were to step in a big pile of blood or something it sohuld make a light squishy sound.

I think this was one of the first things discussed here. Visible model damage, arms getting blown off which would effect the monster's operational capabilities, etc. It's pretty much a necessity since target-area damage is already available in a good variety of the newer games now.

NiGHTMARE said:

Decals on models. Interesting idea...

Yeah, it would allow, for example, to put your name on your model somewhere in multiplayer without having to fiddle with models & skins.

I believe I've seen this already in a game in development - can't remember which. Unreal 2 or Serious Sam or something... would be cool, especially with really high detail models (like in the tech demo movie from Unreal 2).

Guest Billy_Banjo

They should have all the violence from SOF into it
like when u shoot em in the neck
blood pisses out all over the show
thatll be nice i reckon :)

Lord FlatHead said:

Yeah, it would allow, for example, to put your name on your model somewhere in multiplayer without having to fiddle with models & skins.

I believe I've seen this already in a game in development - can't remember which. Unreal 2 or Serious Sam or something... would be cool, especially with really high detail models (like in the tech demo movie from Unreal 2).

Or possibly goatse.cx, that seems to be quite a trend in modern multiplayer games which allow custom stamps, patches and decals.