• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pyrotechnic

D3 Tech Demo

Guest Pyrotechnic

Hi Guys.

I was chatting to this guy called Maniac who runs some big sites so i think this information is some what legit who knows.

Anyways, he said that he knows some people in the game production industry who participated in the D3 Tech Demo some time late last year.

He said that they were left almost speechless with what John Carmack showed them and that they reckon this D3 Engine will completely destroy any other competition. They also said that the game is gonna own as well.

Hopefully this is true information and hopefully there prediction is right as well. Damn I cant wait to go to E3. They probably wont show it though.

Me too. GOD! Just gotta wait till' summer, then E3 here I come.
Although your right, id likes keeping things "un-shown" untill it is released. But there is a good chance they will show it...and more!

I don´t think iD´s going to play 3D Realms game. If you look at Carmack´s .plan file, he says "Don´t push any interviews until the game can speak on its own".

If the Tech Test is as powerful as every lucky guy says, then they should have some stuff to show on E3.
BTW when´s the next E3?

Doom 3 won't be shown at E3 this year, it will probably be shown in some form at E3 2002 though.

Anyone who saw Doom 3 almost certainly did so at the id offices as I doubt that they would ever allow anything about the game outside their walls so early on.

ID seem to be waiting longer and longer to show anything from their games.

With Doom 2, they started pumping out screenshots almost as soon as Doom 1 hit the shops.

The first Quake schots several months after Doom 2 came out.

Quake 2 shots took quite a while to appear.

Quake 3 shots took AGES to appear.

So Doom 3 shots will probably taking FRICKIN' ages to appear. :|

Zaldron said:

I don´t think iD´s going to play 3D Realms game. If you look at Carmack´s .plan file, he says "Don´t push any interviews until the game can speak on its own".

If the Tech Test is as powerful as every lucky guy says, then they should have some stuff to show on E3.
BTW when´s the next E3?

Sometime in May...