Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

T.V. vs. Moniter...............

Yeah yeah, so Moniters have higher resolution than most TV's..but face it, comp video's suck! For example, pop in Resident Evil for the Playstation. Watch the video. Now, pop in the Resident Evil for PC..All blocky and blurry, compared to the smooth shiny TV.

See, its not the resolution, its somthing else.
Most console videos are much better than PC. Besides, when Doom3 n' X-Box come out...hehehe, I wanna see mr.Cyb on my big-screen! >:)

It is the resolution.

Play that same movie on your PC with PSMPlay or some other PSX movie player. Still blocky.

You're viewing a movie that's 320 by 200 on a video system with a low dot pitch. Every pixel is clearly defined and since the game you play is double or triple that the movie by comparison looks very grainy.

Try playing the Q3A movie through TV-Out... it looks really bad assed!

The reason they look better on your TV is because it's interpolated... the black dot and the red dot have a blurred dot between them. On your PC both dots are clearly defined.

BTW, the Dreamcast movies are hi-res so this isn't even a concern, although the in-game graphics now are better than the movie graphics. No MPEG damage. :)

Therefore, you don't have to wait for D3 to hit the X-Box, just get a video card with TV-Out.

Ok, The Reason Why A Console Is So Damn Fast At Displaying Graphics Is Because All It Does Is: Cd-rom sends the graphics and sound to the CPU, the CPU displays it as sounds and graphics.

Ok with a computer, the hdd sends the graphics and sounds to the CPU and the CPU sends the graphics & sounds to the drivers, the drivers send the sounds to the video card & sound, thats probably why its so shit. thank you for listening to what ive just said :) now go visit my website! spam spam spam

deadnail said:

It is the resolution.

Play that same movie on your PC with PSMPlay or some other PSX movie player. Still blocky.

You're viewing a movie that's 320 by 200 on a video system with a low dot pitch. Every pixel is clearly defined and since the game you play is double or triple that the movie by comparison looks very grainy.

Try playing the Q3A movie through TV-Out... it looks really bad assed!

The reason they look better on your TV is because it's interpolated... the black dot and the red dot have a blurred dot between them. On your PC both dots are clearly defined.

BTW, the Dreamcast movies are hi-res so this isn't even a concern, although the in-game graphics now are better than the movie graphics. No MPEG damage. :)

Therefore, you don't have to wait for D3 to hit the X-Box, just get a video card with TV-Out.

deadnail`s right, TV resolution is very, very poor, but is hidden by interpolating pixels in a very gross way (think of FSAA 16x).

I prefer watching movies on my TV, they really are much smoother. I have a TV-in line, and the movies look so shite on the computer monitor (window-size, not enlarged full-screen; that is just unbearable).

Guest Lament

I watch DVD on my computer. It's better than TV. Compared to TV quality is just awesome.
Well, maybe i'm a pervert :)

Guest JudgeDooM

I donno if it's because of the DVD player, but when I saw the difference between a normal DVD player and the PC DVD player, well... the normal player was better than the PC one. There was some lag. On the PC, when the guy talks, his mouth moves a little moment after...and it was not dubbed in another language, it was in the original version (english). But I tried the DVD player of the PlayStation 2, it's almost perfect!

Yeah, i must agree, TV is better.

I never cared for much high resolution anyway, although i *have* the option to crank the res up on quake and other games, i keep it at 320x200 or 320x240 becasue i like low res.

and i don't liek it when it is full screen either becasue it is too much area for my eyes to cover, i feel safer at low-res and non-fullscreen (i ahve the status bar up).

I wish i could output my games to tv, becasue they are more aestheticially pleasing to the eye that way (and i could *maybe* record them on video too... mand that'd be cool).

I agree that TV is better-looking than a computer monitor, because even though the resolution is lower, it looks good because of the blurring thing, whereas on a computer, it looks absolutely terrible in low resolution, which is a problem for people like me with a crappy computer which can't run most games at a high resolution. I don't think it's fair that TVs can have low resolution and look good while computers look aweful in low resolution.

JudgeDooM said:

I donno if it's because of the DVD player, but when I saw the difference between a normal DVD player and the PC DVD player, well... the normal player was better than the PC one. There was some lag. On the PC, when the guy talks, his mouth moves a little moment after...and it was not dubbed in another language, it was in the original version (english). But I tried the DVD player of the PlayStation 2, it's almost perfect!

You need a good decoder card. I watched X-Men on a Panasonic DVD Drive and a Radeon video card and it looked flawless.

Guest elyuca

Bet if you hook up your psx to an HDTV, it will look like shit.