• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Billy_Banjo

Some DooM ]|[ ideas

Guest Billy_Banjo

Ok i was just thinking
For realism wise...say when u fire a Rocket launcher and it hits the floor or walls,ruddy great big chunks of rock or metal(what ever)get blasted off the walls,and fall on the floor and stay there not dissapear and where the rocket hit (or any other weapon)an indentation is left(can be the same or armor...bullet hits = hole in armor)will need a hefty PC but thats what i think realism is(in graphics wise).
And how about splittin the game into 3 sections.
1:ur in an outside area trees ur fighting around bunkers and stuff... say this is earth.
2:ur in space ports and stuff..walking across walkways in mid space and u look down and u can see Earth Mars what ever planet u want...big space battles going on around u (the baddys can have flying demons...which ever u like best :)
3.ur taking the war to them.dungeons hell and what ever loads and loads of demons(no grunts or anything human)

i just thought them episodes could add a bit more well u know to the game...and not just dungeons and stuff like what id are doing
lately

anyways what do you think?

i kinda like the floor breaking when you shoot it idea, i think that it would be cool if some of the walls were made out of living flesh and when you shot it would bleed for a sec but then grow back

Guest Billy_Banjo

Mmm thats a pretty good idea
guess we'll have to see what id come up with

Billy_Banjo said:

anyways what do you think?

Looks like we got another newbie on the forum. We've been trough this over and over and over...

Guest johnny kaos

I think that idea would kill the game.

example.
your playing a multiplayer game.
stuff it gettin blown to bits every were.

sooner or later a chuvk of somthing is gonna black somones path.
not to mention add another obsticle in the game(wich would make it slower if enuff pieces were blown everywere)

if it happens enuff, it could even lag your single player game.

Blasting a wall with a rocket would not make huge chunks fall off. If anything little rocks will fall to the ground and some dust.

It would be cool if you could slip on the little fragments if you're running too fast or something.

Guest elyuca

I allready said this before!
I mentioned the Geo-Mod egine, the one Red faction is usig. Youll be able to blast walls and shit.

Guest MaddawgUSMC

your realism idea is not very hard, just re-modify the Half-Life engine and you can have the bullet holes and such (hell, when you fire a rocket launcher you can see the explosion mark on the wall and such, and bullet effects are sorta already made.) Plus, if the Half-Life engine were used, you could bring allies into the game. As for the level idea, that would be no problem.