Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Psyonisis

me and questions

Well first of all I'm gonna be gone for a few days cause I'll be at the Detroit autoshow. Just wondering if anybody else is going too.

And now something related to d3:

About those decals on models, how hard would it be to program? I think that there should be hundreds of different marks that you can have have on models to add realism.

Btw, everybody is saying how zdoom is so cool with its decals and stuff... but gllegacy has had wall splats and rocket marks for a long time! People seem to be acting like zdoom is the newest thing.

Guest Doom4Ever

i think that zdoom looks exactly like original doom.

Guest micpp
Doom4Ever said:

i think that zdoom looks exactly like original doom.

I never knew original DooM could run at 1024 by 768 and supported jump, mouselook, openGL, slopes, ACS scripting, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

To tell the truth, aplying decals over models is a very bad idea. First, each decal triangle is aligned with the "impact triangle". That works fine in static models, but animated ones where this triangles get distorted, well, things can get pretty ugly. Besides, a decal could "stick out" from the models surface if the patch`s greater than the triangle.

The only way to fix this is to precise the skin coords (X,Y) where the projectile hits, and then "patch" the skin with a alpha-blended texture.

micpp said:

I never knew original DooM could run at 1024 by 768 and supported jump, mouselook, openGL, slopes, ACS scripting, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

I never knew that ZDoom supported OpenGL...

Guest JudgeDooM

ZDoomGL supports it.
Speaking of that, sometimes `ZDoom fucks up by me, and the config (key bindings, display options, etc.) is reset to the original settings. So, the resolutions get back to 320x200 and it looks like it's in OpenGL...and I don't have ZDoomGL...!!Strange.