Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest elyuca

To the intelectual graphic engine experienced

Guest elyuca

Judging by the lenght of time id has been in develompent of Doom 3, and what American and that other guy said when they saw it, how far do you think the engine is to reaching a stable state, one ready to release a test, regardless if they will realease a test when its ready.

Guest Billy_Banjo

Mmmmm id should release a test(i doubt they have the balls to keep us waiting for ages)
But i have some sot of a gut feeling they will release one in 6 or 8 months time(an alpha or beta version i mean)
or might not be a test,might just be screenies
either way we'll just have to wait
But waiting is boring!

Billy_Banjo said:

Mmmmm id should release a test(i doubt they have the balls to keep us waiting for ages)
But i have some sot of a gut feeling they will release one in 6 or 8 months time(an alpha or beta version i mean)
or might not be a test,might just be screenies
either way we'll just have to wait
But waiting is boring!

i hate waiting too. like i hae to wait for star wars episode 2 (clone wars maybe) to coem out in 2002. but it is pretty cool now that i can be a part of it. i wasnt even born when spisode 4 came out. and i didnt know about doom when it came out. now im a part of that too...i have no further comment...flame away (although you have no reason to...do it any way. remember george w. bush made you do it.)

Guest Billy_Banjo
Drat said:

Ahh, but good things come to those who wait!

Ahhh very true mate very true(except daikatana maybe :) :)

masterhassan said:

i hate waiting too. like i hae to wait for star wars episode 2 (clone wars maybe) to coem out in 2002. but it is pretty cool now that i can be a part of it. i wasnt even born when spisode 4 came out. and i didnt know about doom when it came out. now im a part of that too...i have no further comment...flame away (although you have no reason to...do it any way. remember george w. bush made you do it.)

Talk about waiting... How many here are going to see the Lord of the Rings movie?

For a no-enemies, 1 level, D3TEST.exe we should wait 4 months approx. iD`s going to create a more solid test, like Q3TEST, so the number grows up to 8 months.
Why? well :

º First, there`s no map format. They still have to adress all the scripting issues and create the new level editor.

º The animation system for the models is gone. They´re preparing a new one.

º The net code said bye-bye some time ago. Complete rewrite.

º The sound system is in it´s early concept.

º Bugs, bugs, bugs...

º Someone has to make the models and textures...

º More bugs...

º Design, lot´s of design and balancing.

º Guess what, more bugs...

Anyway, 8 months is a very promising number. Do you really want the test out now? I don`t have the tech yet...

Espi said:

Talk about waiting... How many here are going to see the Lord of the Rings movie?

My only experience of Tolkein is a copy of The Hobbit that I got for a birthday many many years ago. That LOTR trailer is impressive!

And I hope SW episode 2 is a lot better than episode 1.
Number 1 sucks so much.

Guest elyuca
Zaldron said:

For a no-enemies, 1 level, D3TEST.exe we should wait 4 months approx. iD`s going to create a more solid test, like Q3TEST, so the number grows up to 8 months.
Why? well :

º First, there`s no map format. They still have to adress all the scripting issues and create the new level editor.

º The animation system for the models is gone. They´re preparing a new one.

º The net code said bye-bye some time ago. Complete rewrite.

º The sound system is in it´s early concept.

º Bugs, bugs, bugs...

º Someone has to make the models and textures...

º More bugs...

º Design, lot´s of design and balancing.

º Guess what, more bugs...

Anyway, 8 months is a very promising number. Do you really want the test out now? I don`t have the tech yet...

just want to know how long to wait for me to buy new hardware