Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SoKatH

What the hell is wrong with NIN? {Not Doom}

You see, what I want to know is why nobody here seems to like Trent or the Nine Inch Nails. You all seem to base your oppinions of them on the Quake soundtrack. Which even I will admit was not his /best/ piece of work. Have you guys even heard any of his other stuff. It's amazing! (hah, deady and I are in agreement for once). I really want to hear why you guys dislike him so much. Trent is an amazingly talented artist and the fact that he's fucking crazy and transfers that through to his music is even better. I mean hell the guy started off his musical career in Buttfuck Pensylvania with nothing! Gives it more energy. Kinda like Beethoven. He too was crazy, and you can hear it! Trent's genius is best summed up, I think, by this quote:

"I could go to therapy, but it might ruin my musical carreer"
- Trent

I think you guys should just lay off Trent for a while and let him do his stuff. Not that he actually reads anything that goes on here but... Perhaps we should give the topic of NIN a break for a while, I apologize for bringing it up again.

By the way have any of you guys ever listened to :Wumpscut:?? It's amazing!

S./

I think people slagging off NIN should try to make some music of their own. Trust me, it'll give you a LOT more appreciation of what he's done and how he's done it...

I make my own music, and I'm not a big fan of NIN... just not my style. He's a good musician, I'll give him that... not really GREAT. Can't say much for his guitar playing, or guitar tone...

Eh, I'm gonna stop now... don't want to get into a rant.

Bunker Door 7 is one of my favorite albums! Look at my fucking quote at the bottom of all of my messages, don't you recognize it?! =)

Thorns has gotta be one of my favorite tracks of all time. "Tonight you sleep in hell."

Oddly enough that's his ONLY album I've heard. Heheh. Oh well, dance industrial is dance industrial, or something.

WhiteNoise said:

I make my own music, and I'm not a big fan of NIN... just not my style. He's a good musician, I'll give him that... not really GREAT. Can't say much for his guitar playing, or guitar tone...

Eh, I'm gonna stop now... don't want to get into a rant.

You seem to be under the impression that Trent plays all the instruments himself.

Trust me, he doesn't. I think he even has to get people to play the bass and acoustic guitars for him.

NiGHTMARE said:

I think people slagging off NIN should try to make some music of their own. Trust me, it'll give you a LOT more appreciation of what he's done and how he's done it...

Right. Altough some people here doesn´t like him, at least they should admit that he´s a talented musician. Im not a fan of his work, but I have complete confidence in his talent for the music in the New DooM.

deadnail said:

Bunker Door 7 is one of my favorite albums! Look at my fucking quote at the bottom of all of my messages, don't you recognize it?! =)

Thorns has gotta be one of my favorite tracks of all time. "Tonight you sleep in hell."

Oddly enough that's his ONLY album I've heard. Heheh. Oh well, dance industrial is dance industrial, or something.

I'm an mp3 whore, I really don't know the name's of the albums that well. But Thorns? My God! Amazing! As is Soylent Green, and try and find Totmacher if you can!

S./

NiGHTMARE said:

You seem to be under the impression that Trent plays all the instruments himself.

Trust me, he doesn't. I think he even has to get people to play the bass and acoustic guitars for him.

Well, yeah... but there are some songs/albums in which he played ELECTRIC guitar on... at least, I THINK... ah well. It's either him or his guitarist that can't play very well and doesn't have good tone, then...

Another reason certain people here don't like NIN is because their hearing has been damaged by listening, at full volume, to songs whose lyrics consist simply of
"rrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh, rrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, rrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".

NiGHTMARE said:

Yeah, I've made my own NIN-esque stuff with the equipment I got and am capable of using... guess what I did? I TURNED THE FUCKING RECORDING VOLUME UP TO 900 PERCENT, THAT'S WHAT I DID TO RECREATE THE "GENIUS" OF NINE INCH NAILS!!

Uhm, let's see... his biggest selling points are non-professionalism, his production and recording are usually horrible and pure crap ("but it's supposed to sound like your speakers are blown!", he'll say), his lyrics, while occasionally OK, are usually an unfocused mess (exclude PHM for now), his songwriting, instead of becoming more advanced with times, is on a backwards evolution towards simplicity with each disc he makes, The Fragile is the biggest throw-together of what would take a normal person with a normal brain capacity a few months to start and finish, and you can tell the man, if I dare use that term, is just "amused" by his stuff in the most childish of ways. He probably thinks loud-soft dynamics are his own invention. His editing is terrible and I think that's my biggest gripe with him. He is stubborn and won't let talented people who know what they're doing help him out with his work (i.e. some of his remixers, who could *majorly* help his discs). Is there any NIN song that you can't just rip to pieces? Especially off the Downward Spiral, that whole thing was one giant mistake. I'm NOT saying that it couldn't have been a knockout album! All his stuff has quite good potential, but he just doesn't know what to do to achieve it.

Oh, and his damn singing. Jeez, get a frickin' vocalist for the next album. Stubborn, stubborn, stubborn, gotta sacrifice the product for the ability to say "I did it all!" (not counting all the extra producers and musicians he has to use on his albums when he can't do more than a few soundFX, of course.)

Guest Dark_Fox
deadnail said:

Star Fuckers Inc. is my favorite song.. :)
I just love it..

Guest fraggle`
NiGHTMARE said:

Another reason certain people here don't like NIN is because their hearing has been damaged by listening, at full volume, to songs whose lyrics consist simply of
"rrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh, rrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, rrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".

<fraggle> caco sing slipknot
<Cacodemon> "grunt. snort. moo. baaaaaaaa. oink oink oink."