Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
deadnail

Something silly for you music fans...

Just another meaningless post that you might find amusing.

Anyway, my brother's band played the Liquid Magazine show last weekend... and most of the bands that played were those shitty cock-rock Limp Bizkit wannabes. It was funny, when my brother's metal band took the stage the first thing he yelled was, "Yo! We Limp Bizkit!"

As it goes, this evolved into an interesting email that I think part of you might get a laugh at:

Macho metal rappers are still "cock rock".
Would futuristic rockers be considered "Spock rock"?
Radiohead is "shlock rock".
Sailors write "dock rock".
Cover bands are "mock rock".
People at Meijer's write "smock rock".
Jewish metalheads write "Shilock rock".
Progressive instrumentalists write "clock rock".
Generic punk bands write "stock rock".
Orchestras doing covers of metal songs are called "Bach rock".
That punk duck from the Bubble Yum wrapper plays "flock rock".
Lamb Chop plays "sock rock".
Gangsta rappers play "Glock rock".
Overmasculated males trying to hide their homosexuality play "jock rock".

I came up with a few of those, including a lot more that were so horrible they didn't make the grade. If anyone I figure Lüt oughta get a laugh out of this.

BTW, yeah, this post will be deleted in a few days. It'd be nice if everyone would kill their bullshit posts on their own volition though...

deadnail said:

I came up with a few of those, including a lot more that were so horrible they didn't make the grade. If anyone I figure Lüt oughta get a laugh out of this.

Heh, you figure right. I like the Jewish and Jock Rock ones; I knew two "bands" from my school that fit these category. Some of my friends and I would go to their little shows that the school held after driving around listening to Dying Fetus and just laugh our asses off at them. Talk about your shallow acts; they made Trent Reznor look accomplished. I love it when those big fat football-player types show their sensitive sides with those cute acoustic ballads and love songs. As long as you're deleting this, that reminds me of another funny point: every football player in our school who took steroids was fat. There were a few non-druggies who were actually really big (not fat), but all the ones on the roids were fatter than pigs. Explain that one to me. Even funnier thing was I was the one who'd give them training tips - they had no idea what they were doing when they went to the gym. Uh, anyways, not much of that music would fit Doom3 very well.

AHHHHH, I MENTIONED DOOM3, NOW YOU CAN'T DELETE THIS POST! MUAHAHAHA!!

Guest Johnny Kaos

I wonder if you've heard anything besides Gangster rap?
you seem to stereo type the whole rap catagory a lot.