Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
doomsick

gore....

ok fellas, what do you think about the level of gore, should the bar be raised? i remember when first playing doom, when you'd walk up on some guy hanging by his arms with no bottom half to him, i thought that was amazing...though somewhat pixelized. it is my opinion that the bar should be raised, if only to piss of all the concerned parents! no, really, because i thought that people in chunks (the quakes) wasn't really that nasty. i don't think soldier of fortune type gore is what we're looking for, but at least some splattered marines on the wall...after all this is doom and seeing your buddies splattered on the wall only adds to the hopelessness your supposed to feel. what do you think?

Guest Jadar

Hmm.... a guy hanging from the ceiling with some of is internales splated on the floor and his intestines hanging from his corpse dripping blood.... That would be cool... Use his intestine for target practice... Know what I want to see in DOOM3, footprints, I just loved how in Duke3D you could make bloody foot prints, I would also love to see blood trails... Shoot and Imps hand off and as he runs away blood going all over the floor and walls...

I think Gore is very important.. It made Doom (in)famous.
Yeah, just raise the bar. I can handle it...

gore rules. i just dotn like his wife..well actually i hate al gore even if he does indeed like ozzy or if that was just a dumb comment he said... anywho, i would LOVE to see the gore level reaised a few hundred times to piss off so called "conservative"peoples. if they think that everyone who plays violant games is gonna kill someone...tehn lets REALLY get them scared. this would destroy the system, but they should have teh charecters made out of, as aposed to a skelatal system, an entire p[oplygonal body, like every single organ,blood actually flowing through teh body so if you make liek the slighteset scatch youll still see a little blood. if oyu cut off a limb them itll jsut flow out. if you make a semi big cvut theyll evantually bleed to death. i love gore in games. id love to see tehm utillze every single example of violance that tehy discuss in te media and blow it really big. like i would love to start a band with really really gorey lyrics. but like on the mystical/mythical side. liek ozzy made everyone think he was a satan worshiper. id love to get the media really scared of me. just liek i enjoy spitting in the face of all things popular.

Guest elyuca
Jadar said:

Hmm.... a guy hanging from the ceiling with some of is internales splated on the floor and his intestines hanging from his corpse dripping blood.... That would be cool... Use his intestine for target practice... Know what I want to see in DOOM3, footprints, I just loved how in Duke3D you could make bloody foot prints, I would also love to see blood trails... Shoot and Imps hand off and as he runs away blood going all over the floor and walls...

Hehe, you described your icon pretty well.

Guest mancuvus

actually i like the soldier of fortune gore style, i would like to see it in doom 3, i want some destructible parts of bodies i mean when you shot somebody or something his arm , leg, whatever falls down and you can still shot that part, i know it depends of the engine cause the speed but it would look real

Well, yes the gore bar must be included in Doom: the game has its own history and those oldies (probobly those who over 30 :)) might not like bloody changes in Doom. And besides not only monsters can make you to puke from their sufferings - rooms made from skulls & bones; chambers of fleash and floor made from human brains - all that part of original Doom environment, so gore level will do nothing with all that...

Actually, we ALL know that the next Doom game will OFFICIALY be the culprit for the next columbine or whatever.

Why not fill the game with cute, fluffy animals, and base the game on kindness, for a change..?

(Actually, to answer my own question, it would suck)

OHHH YEAH!
One of the resons i use legacy is cause of the blood!-I remember in one game i had a demo of you could whack somebody with a double barreled shotgun and they slid across the floor leaving a red trail.Also remember the former humans are zombies,so instead of the injuries like in sof they'll just keep coming at you with no arms!.Also particles can fly out like in quake 2,only they leave little splats when they hit the walls/floors.Quake style gibbing should have better looking ones that dont just vanish but stay there,stuck the walls/floors,There should be the ability to gib certian bits of bodies,like blowing somebodies head apart and having grey matter and skull fragments everywhere.Also hacking people with the chainsaw should result in a nice view of what a manucubuses insides look like.Maybe blowing open somenes stomach results in the acid melting bits of skin,And gut methane that could be iginted...

..Insane?me?