• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest elyuca

Great plot! must see!!!!

Guest elyuca

Ok here it is:
Doom 3 should not take place on mars, or on earth, or its moons, and not necesarally hell.
Remember the last episode in Doom 2? ok, after you killed the icon of sin (romero's head), you supposedly died because the whole place blew up. Now demons cant die, can they? they are hellspawn!
So for saving the earth, and all that neat stuff, you obvously go to heaven (shut up, it gets better)

When you get there, you find out that its being invaded by the whole slew of demons that you killed. They somehow made their way from hell (the nether realm of the devil and the demons in which the damned suffer everlasting punishment), to limbo (the border of hell where people suffer eternally for not being baptized), through purgatory (the place of temporary suffering where people pay for their sins and therefore become fit for heaven), and finally heaven itself (state of thought in which sin is absent and the harmony of divine Mind is manifest).
Notice heaven is a state of thought. So, somehow the devils followers turned into a non-physical diety which helped them ascend to the empire of god.

The intro of the game would be a redered video (or if the graphics look good enough, an engine made video) of Taggarts fight through level 30, and defeating of the icon of sin. Then, you die, and your body releases all the soul spheres collected through your journey. your physical shape stays in hell to rot. Your soul, gets lost because of its dilution with the soul spheres. One of the soul spheres rolls on hell's ground and touches the hand of an arch vile. He revives (special effects here) and goes rround reviving the other sch viles. They in turn revive all the demons you killed in your journey. The demonsfeed on the loads of soul spheres, and become non physical. They rise and revive hell, invade limbo, purgatory, and start to colonize heaven.
Your body is taken by one of the demons and tossed into a pile of hundreds of thousands dead UAC soldiers ina a huge trench ready to become zombies by exposing htem to some hellish device that pictures images of pure violence and hatred in their minds that makes humans turn to followers of the devil (I dont know! help me on that one :-o) Your body is almost set to become a zombie soldier, when all of a sudden one a soul sphere rolls off into the trench and hits you right over the head! (you guessed it, special effects here) Your body was exposed o very little of the mind washing process, so your mind is somewhat altered. Although your body is physical, you still have demon in you, so you become non-physical, faint, and ascend to heaven, the place that you were supposed to be.
When you get there, the demon inside you is washed out due to the soul sphere's greater power over the small ammount of evil inside you. You dont believe what you see, demons invading heaven! Theres only one thing you can do, and that is to get that pistol out of your holster and start off into your demon ripping, action packed abomination!

Episode 1: Invasion of Heaven (heaven)
Episode 2: The place of Sin taxation (purgatory)
Episode 3: The place of eternal suffering (limbo)
Episode 4: Empire of Satan (hell)

Maybe 8-10 levels each, where you find landmarks, like Dante's circle (in limbo) , the gates of Lucifer (in hell), the revived icon of sin (in hell), the dungeons of the unbaptized (in purgatory) and the golden statue of Peter (heaven).

The religiuos influence is obvious, and may offend some (how, i dont know) but if done correctly, it would add to the fear factor, and give it that demonic feel that doom had.

If you dont like it, at least tell me what to do to make it better, but still keeping to the main plot. I dont know where weapons, ammo, and health are going to come from, but i guess that was a mystery also when you made your way through Doom and Doom 2.

Ill update this if I dream up something interesting.

Uhh...you didn't die at the end of doom II. Sin did. If you read the story panel afterwards you disover that you just pack up and go home to rebuild. as far as the plot...i have no clue at all what would make a good episode layout.

I'm fine with your storyline. I'm just saying, though, that it may offend some people who's beliefs interfere with this video game story and this would somehow... reduce the enjoyment they would get from the game.

Personally I kinda like it... although it seems to use Dante's Inferno as a crutch. I'd be happier myself if the game took place on a planet/moon/[land mass] (with perhaps some ship action too) of a completely alien feeling environment. Hell can seep in and warp things to it's liking, of course, just no more damn wood. That bugs the shit out of me. We need adamant steel and titanium, with some ceramic alloys and maybe even some tritanium too just to make things feel right. :)

Just my thoughts. Flame me if you will.

Guest Omega
amanichen said:

Uhh...you didn't die at the end of doom II.

Yeah, I like it too. I think you went a little overboard with the soul spheres, making the little blue ballls of shit start everything.

Sorry, but the idea of demons invading heaven like conquering just another country is ridiculous in my opinion. "Empire of god" versus "empire of satan" - this is just too shallow and would me really piss of all the time.

But there are also some things in your plot I like. The idea of the spacemarine´s body and mind slowely turning into a zombieman´s is interesting. Also i like the hell locations you suggest (but the circles in Dante´s Divina Commedia continued from limbo to hell in a descending way if I remember it right, the last thing was a gigantic lucifer statue).

Well, i'll be probobly the one person who will say:

"Damn, thats story line NOT GOOD at all!"

Story like that might be good for games like Diablo or it can be nice addiction to the Requiem storyline, but not for Doom.

You must belive in all that conception of Hell which had been accepted by Catolic chirch. What i suppose to do if im not? Well, i do belive that after life we are all going to get things we desire, but i dont agree with Purgatory and all that Dante's Inferno system. Besides all these demon HellRespawning system: if it was so, all deamons would become a followers of Buddha, couse its would be no reason to live then. After that it seems that having of infinite life will be the most cruel punishment ever envited by God, damn ya. BTW, you suggest us to spend all the time in Hell: ok, thats fine, but dont forget to say that it would be 'DOOM 3 IN HELL' not just DOOM 3. I have nothing against this story as independent novel, but it is not suits the Doom original story.

You may ask what wasted can offer you then? Doom was always a science fiction game, so suggestions are

1) Died space marine can be ressurected from DNA cells which are hard to destroy almost - regeneration machines are the future for all medic science of nowdays. Creating a new boby wouldn't be a problem in nearest future (50-100 years).

2) Deamons can be some different organism from parallel world/ dimention (or even damn aliens which are looks like demons, so men called them demons >:( ...

3) Doom 3 plot may use locations on planets of Solar system and others, which have different gravitation, atmosphere, enviroment. Actually you can find planet in universe which can be allmost organic so thats could be a REAL HELL!!!

4) Invasion of Heaven, must include Heaven's defenders - where are they in your plot, all those angels from Dante novel taking a journey to Hawaii or what? Its no point to make a Doom story like story of Crusade at the end of the Times. You can't find nothing bout lonesome space marine saving the Earth from forces of Devil in Revelation. Dante believed in Revelation, so he compose his Hell system agreeing the testaments of Catolic chirch.

5) All these mysticism bout soul spheres and etc. taken from cheap horror movies, mixed and messed up and loaded here in forum. Get me right: plot of Doom 3 must have mystic elements but not like sort of this one.

Flame me if you can >:(
BTW, have you read that far?

Guest elyuca

Ok, I just want doom to swerve a little more to the demonic, satanic side than the futuristic machine side. And the whole idea of actually visualizing purgatory is just creepy, even more in limbo. I want the game to be disturbing... to make me want to turn away from the computer. In limbo you could hear cryies and screams as people plead for mercy. Kinda like the POW's in Quake 2.
But if it ends up being another space game, I dont mind, as long as hte demonic feel is still there.

amanichen said:

Uhh...you didn't die at the end of doom II. Sin did. If you read the story panel afterwards you disover that you just pack up and go home to rebuild. as far as the plot...i have no clue at all what would make a good episode layout.

Hei, who is Layla? Girlfriend? DogNickname? Or what? :)

elyuca said:

Ok, I just want doom to swerve a little more to the demonic, satanic side than the futuristic machine side. And the whole idea of actually visualizing purgatory is just creepy, even more in limbo. I want the game to be disturbing... to make me want to turn away from the computer. In limbo you could hear cryies and screams as people plead for mercy. Kinda like the POW's in Quake 2.
But if it ends up being another space game, I dont mind, as long as hte demonic feel is still there.

Yeah. I'd like to see a story that focuses more on the occult side of Doom rather than all that sci-fi space and aliens from another planet claptrap.

i kinda liked it... especially the "evil is inside me" thing....
its like...ure fighting ure inner demon while trying to save heaven.......maybe there should be a timer of some sorts... like when the hero has killed enuff demons he explodes into an unstoppable rage (which lasts for a short time) ...

:P