Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest dmddoug

is it possible to beat doom 2?

Guest dmddoug

I cannot possibly log all the hours i have spent trying to figure out how to beat the last level of doom 2 without codes and it is causing me to lose sleep. how the hell (no pun intended) do u get to the icon of sin without using the clip code?

You have to make your way up to the Skull Button, the one that´s near a rocket launcher. To do this you must "use" the green marble walls located on each floor of the "pyramid". After you do this, a little lift will raise in front of the Icon of Sin, let it go to the top, and then step over it. You´ll notice that it will start going down pretty fast. Now, the trick is to shoot a rocket (and only the rocket will work because of the splash damage) into the exposed brain of the Icon, that little lava-like point in his forehead is nothing more than a illusionary wall (a passable sidedef).

You´ll hear Romero´s head screaming if done correctly, repeat till you destroy it.

On the subject of no clip codes, I agree with the folks at www.idspispopd.com that the Doom 1 noclip code should be included in Doom 3. It's just fucking insane that my fingers can type this shit in about 0.15 seconds, just like DNCORNHOLIO, IMPULSE 9 and WWW.AMPLAND.COM/MMPAGE.HTML... Oh wait, not the last one. Honest.

Zaldron said:

You have to make your way up to the Skull Button, the one that´s near a rocket launcher. To do this you must "use" the green marble walls located on each floor of the "pyramid". After you do this, a little lift will raise in front of the Icon of Sin, let it go to the top, and then step over it. You´ll notice that it will start going down pretty fast. Now, the trick is to shoot a rocket (and only the rocket will work because of the splash damage) into the exposed brain of the Icon, that little lava-like point in his forehead is nothing more than a illusionary wall (a passable sidedef).

You´ll hear Romero´s head screaming if done correctly, repeat till you destroy it.

actually, you have to fire the rocket right before you get to the very top. you have to hit the brain 3 times... quite possibly the stupidest boss in history.

Right.
Too many years using MLOOK, I can´t remember when was the last time I killed him the right way...

elbryan42 said:

actually, you have to fire the rocket right before you get to the very top. you have to hit the brain 3 times... quite possibly the stupidest boss in history.

I believe you have to fire when the top of your view is the bottom of Sin's chin.

Well, it depends on which port you are using.

In normal doom2 you have to pump lots of rockets down there at the cube spawner (the splash damage eventually kills the head back there).

In some ports a bfg blast can hurt it with the spray attack (esp if you are using a modified ddf in edge).

Im sure about half the community is going to post flames under this (if you thought the icon was bad, try beating two hundred flamers).

Zaldron said:

Right.
Too many years using MLOOK, I can´t remember when was the last time I killed him the right way...

Too many years of using edge for me, a simple BFG blast kills him .