Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JackTheShitter!

I want to see!!!

Guest JackTheShitter!

On Doom 3 I want to explore big worlds, i want to face 10 creatures and kill em all. I want an orgy of blood (plus I want to swim though it), I want the most twisted f&%$ed up parts of hell graphicly layed out. I want to blow ALOT OF BIG shit up. (you know see It go boom! CRAAASH! Bang! RumblE! Ka-Boom!) Less stupid puzzels and more storie lines. I want to fight side by side with team mates covering 2-4-6 though the ever spiraling hell. (I hate single player! to boring) I need a big not a huge range of weapons. Talkin about 20ish mabey more. I want video clips after about 10 sections to take a break and relax. I need to realy and I mean realy feel such a unique scary atmosphere. Quake 2 is to dam fuzzy, so's half-life. Ultra black and red, blue, yellow. I want to drive, fly and crash. smash and squash things. I want to blow an imp up with an rpg and watch whats left splat against the wall then fall off again I want to see doom making it to the next level in 3d action game play.

Guest dmddoug

yeah good call there buddy

10 creatures and kill them all? I assume you mean at once. It's almost a given that Doom 3 will have excellent LOD tech so the game will be able to shovel tons of enemies at you. iD isn't about to fall behind to Lithtech, you know.

Orgy of blood? The game *might* be as graphically violent as Soldier of Fortune, but I doubt it. It certainly won't be any MORE graphic, although more realistic gibbing and blood is in order.

If there's swimming in Doom 3, you will be able to swim through blood. That's kinda obvious.

We know what shit blowing up sounds like. Thus far it doesn't seem as Doom 3's engine will have the destructability of Red Faction, although there will certianly be walls and items placed to be blown to bits.

The game's focus is on Single Player. Carmack said so (Nyah!), however, Co-op with bots or Internet pals would definitely be a welcome addition. However, many of us feel that it would destroy the alone-and-in-hell atmosphere of Doom. Including me. So it should be an OPTION, not a requirement. Multiplay needs to go back on the rear burner, WHERE IT BELONGS. :)

20 weapons, maybe more? I'd say 8 to 12, but all of them done extremely well with high functionality as well as alt-firing modes. This would cover everything, 20 would be excessive. How would you do that? 1-0 and shift 1-0? Or would it be more tapping of buttons in certian orders while you get clawed to death?

Considering hi-res textures (GeForce 2 minimum) the games graphics should be quite sharp and not blurry.

RPG? This ain't Duke Nukem; the Doomguy doesn't get a rocket propelled grenade launcher he gets a standard ol' generic rocket launcher. However, decent physics models and realism on gibbitude would be a welcome change.

We all want to see Doom 3 set the new standard for 3D action game play.

Anything else, bucko?

Guest JackTheShitter!
dmddoug said:

yeah good call there buddy

And yes we are sophisticated men who fell the need to talk others down becuase they are the first to write a message thats not entirely accurate to the rules of doom. If ID were to to come out with the bull you just said it would look just like doom with a band new engine and of course a few extra options. Yawn! Next! :)

Give me a break! Cant I write about what I want! Even though not all of it makes sense! Geeezzzzz!

:D

deadnail said:

20 weapons, maybe more? I'd say 8 to 12, but all of them done extremely well with high functionality as well as alt-firing modes. This would cover everything, 20 would be excessive. How would you do t

You could have tons o' guns just leave some old guns when you get a better one. If you want to use an old gun, go ahead and pick it up and drop the better if you really want to. It works fine like this in Fallout (2) and Jagged alliance (2) and possibly in many other games with loads of guns. For example in Fallout 2 I ended up using the sweet .223 pistol and for long range the gauss rifle brainsplatterer, but you could still find stuff like SMGs, shotguns, rifles, rocket launcher, miniguns, plasmaguns, pistols, grenades, sledgehammers, knifes, spears, knucklebusters, cattle prod, boxing gloves, flamethrowers, power-fists, rocks, sniper-rifles, lasers etc. if you'd want to use 'em.