Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
grutsch

big boss

i guess this has been discussed before but i want to give some of my ideas about the big boss-monsters in doom3... i dont want big monsters a la quake (shub nigghurat or what he is called) i want big guys like the cyberdemon, or the giant spider master mind. they should walk around, some might be faster then the two big guys in doom1/2. they should be extremly deadly and there should be some tactics which you have to use to kill them. (but not like in quake1 chapter1) a good thing would be facing a big guy in a kind of labyrinth and killing him by giving smart shots with a grenade launcher for example.
tell me what you all think....

talking about swimming in blood.
another cool boss would be a one swimming in a lake of blood, and jumping out of it at mr space marine. you should be watching for bubbles in the blood, or the stream showing signs of the monster. after killing him you might be able to access a place which can only be entered by the swimming through the blood somewhere at the bottom of the lake. of course it is almost impossible killing the monster swimming even though it might be necessary to swim short distances in order to confuse the monster...which implies that the monster must have good artificial intelligence. go idsoft!

Guest Darkwing

I sort of agree, I really disliked the bosses with a twist, i.e
Nihilanth in Halflife where you had to shoot the qrystals and shub Niggurath where you had teleport inside her (how are you supposed to figure that out?)

Hi grutsch! I think a level boss with normal size could also be interesting from time to time, if he acts like a very skilled opponent. In fact something like a deathmatch bot. He would wait for you in a special section of the level which is build like a real good deathmatch map. One of the objectives of the level would be to gain access to that section.

Guest tropikal

remember in doom1 e2m8 where u could hear the gigantic cyberdemon stomping around before u could see him? and when u did see him it was in your face fighting? thats the best way to do it. huge ass monsters that u go toe to toe with. and they gotta sound cool. what if they said something to u? that would freak me out! and the music better be ominous as shit too. when e2m8 started, u knew right off that u were in some shit cuz the music was epic. lots of space to fight the boss is cool too. remember that boss on the alien world of halflife who kept making you chase him after little fights and u never knew when he was gonna jump back at u and kick your ass. GO ID! they did it b4 they can do it again.

the feeling you discribe right there is exactly what i meant. building up atmosphere and then starting the action... yea and when you almost piss in your pants the monster should jump at you and then fire it up...it should act intelligent like a bot in quake3 but also have different features like waiting for attack, changing speed, maybe fight defensively/hide (when badly injured) and so on... (what i dont like about unreal tournement/quake 3 etc are the same attributes all the bots have)