Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
wasted

Hell, Giger pictures and username...

Well, as i sad i had some suggestions about Hell and space environment. Probobly, you saw them before, but the person with a nick: Username wanted to say something bout that. So...

In the space it might be kind of space ships/ stations. Idea for orbital stations: it can be huge industrial/ science vessel, which can transforms into jumpship for distant flights and space orbital station/ mining complex. Its really usefull for space-corporations (like UAC) in future: no need to produce so many orbital stations and waste so much steel/ energy and money. The space ship environment was good in "Event horizon" movie ...

About Hell: must consist organic environment (floor made from human branes; living walls with huge tooths and etc...). Good idea bout monsters appearing here: just from the wall!!! They may BORN on your view (and die of course >:), you can see first moments of their life and so on!!! Thats something to argue with "Hellspawn" theory. Living environment might also ABSORB corpses (i thought about game engine...) and body parts (BE WARE: those things may eat you too!) Also in Hell must be different lightning system - there is no lamps out there and it might be not only "eternal flames of Hell"...

BTW, Giger pictures (Biolandscape serie for example) the good example of Hell environment: flesh and machines in one circle of life...

Even if you are not Username, you can post replies....

Its good heh I like. Giger's pretty good but a bit 'greeny' for hell, the hell environment should be pinky :)

Wait a minute, you made the exact same post a few days ago ! I want my money back !

I really like the "monsters coming out of walls" thingy... I'd like to enter a big cathedral with stained glass windows with pictures of demons on them, and then suddenly notice them moving and coming alive... spooky.

In general, I'd like to see an environment that is more alive. Quake 3 did some good stuff there (remember the moving intestant thingies in Q3DM4 ?), but was still too passive. I want to see earthquakes, rockfalls, snow, rain, flooded bases, etc.

Also, I want world peace and understanding. I want four extra inches, a lifetime supply of Dr. Pepper and a 128Mb GeForce. I want love and happiness, a new set of bitches every night, and a license to kill.
But maybe my demands are a bit high.

I love Giger's work, but it's more attuned to Q2 than Doom. Doom only had slight influences of the biomechanical, and it was not a focus (as a great deal of Giger's work is). His stuff should hit Doom 3 in some way... I call dibs on the first Giger based Doom 3 mod :)

Lord FlatHead said:

I really like the "monsters coming out of walls" thingy...

Hey, i think i posted that...

giger is a good idea, i remember he did a lot of designs for the alien movies, not just the aliens themselves but the sets as well, i believe. it gave the movies that gloomy doom type feel.