Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Raven

My Purpose.....

I looked around me, thinking...I only wanted to know one thing, what is my purpose? Why was I created? I turned to one of my brothers, he had just conjured a fireball in his hand. I looked at the worn doorway, a human was standing there. He clutched his pistol to his chest tightly, as if even one finger was released from the pistols handle, then he would die a horrible death.
I watched as one of my brothers throw a fireball towards the marine.
I saw the look of pure terror on his face as the flaming ball collided with his stomach. I saw as he fell to the ground, unable to be afraid anymore. It was then that I realized my purpose, it was to kill. I was nothing but a slave, only able to do what I was meant to do. Kill. I was blinded by rage. I ran to my brother, and brought my claws down upon his shocked face. I ripped at his body continuosly, even after he had uttered his last breath. I would kill. Oh yes. I would serve my purpose, but I would not only kill marines, oh no. I will kill anything on this wretched base!

Author's Note: Unless you didn't realize, this is from the perspective of an Imp.

Reasonable, but I would have posted this in the fanfic/fanpic section. It will probably be moved over there by the admins.

Errr... i dunno what to say bout this one - interesting, yes, that it is written from the perspective of an enemy, yet...
I'm just of the opinion that a first-person story isn't very well suited to the viewpoint of an animalistic beast.
If the story was from the perspective of, say, a human/lost soul on his sorry road to demon-osity, (and i think it's been done before) i'd be ok with it.