Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
danarchist

Hello

Hmm...I hope this posts right...somethings wrong with my password or something...
ADDED: Hmmm...strange it worked...finally
Well anyways sorry for spamming ya with this message...to make it worthwile...Ill tell ya what I think DooM3 should be like:
A plot through scripted sequences like half-life, but with the carnage (ultra-violence if you will) of Doom and with NON-REALISTIC weapons ala Quake (or good old Doom). Now that would be cool.

Guest JackTheShitter!
danarchist said:

Sorry, usually people think an ass hole when they get first impressions of me :D

YOU LIKE NIN! Well so do I, how about that...

With "NON-REALISTIC" do you mean weapons not based on existing ones? Or just stupid looking toy guns like in Q3A?

JackTheShitter! said:

Bow down before the one you serveYou're going to get what you deserve

Same here. Check my sig.

Actually, I've been listening to 'The Fragile' a disturbing amount lately.

Espi said:

With "NON-REALISTIC" do you mean weapons not based on existing ones? Or just stupid looking toy guns like in Q3A?

Hey, Q3a has not any stupid looking toy guns!! They have very original and unique designs! Not like the UT guns for example, which all have a very avarage techno futuristic style (except the Flak).
-But this doesn´t mean that the Doom3 guns should look like Q3A ones, but it is the right direction.

Right, they´re generic creations that every race can understand and manipulate. If they´re not so good looking as other game´s weapons, is because they were created as low-poly stuff to mantain the fps high. Besides, Q3 has a really cool feature, the 1st person view of the weapon is the same one that the model carries.

What are generic creations for every race? The UT weapons? But I didn´t meant that they aren´t good looking because they are so low poly. You have to bring the look from the player perspective and the look of the dropped weapon together in your imagination.

The 1st Pesron view of the Q3 weapons is not exactly the same that the model would see, the weapon models have a special "hand.mdl" file for your field of view.

Tetzlaff said:

Hey, Q3a has not any stupid looking toy guns!! They have very original and unique designs! Not like the UT guns for example, which all have a very avarage techno futuristic style (except the Flak).
-But this doesn´t mean that the Doom3 guns should look like Q3A ones, but it is the right direction.

To me Q3A guns look big,simple,exaggerated and colorful, just like toys made for children under 4 or something.

You don´t know much about aesthetic concepts? Looking big - yes, because powerful weapons also may look powerful. Simple? what do you mean with that? Exaggerated? I would say expressive! Colourful? Just because the Rocketlauncher has red parts or what...

They're not aesthetic they're just ugly junk. And they look powerful? Let me laugh. Ha Ha Ha. There. For chrissakes for example the doublebarreled shotgun looks more like a hairdryer if you wouldn't know what it's supposed to be.

Aaaahhhh...nonsense! Some people also say Macintosh computers look like Tupper ware...
Ok, I see, you just don´t like them. Tell me an example of a weapon design YOU like.

CS weapons are pretty good. That upcoming HL mod Existence has very good looking weapon models but how they look like in-game remains to be seen. Quake 2 shotguns and Chaingun are fun but other weapons aren't so good. flare pistol from Blood 2, flak from Unreal and all the new weapons from HL: Opposing force (especially the penguins :D) are nice designs. I think that's about it though I must have forgot plenty of fun guns.

Uhm...so you just like realistic weapon designs! (Or do you like the Opp. Force alien weapons as well?)If you would have said it from the beginning, there would have been no need to discuss, but nevermind :)

Jayextee said:

Same here. Check my sig.

Actually, I've been listening to 'The Fragile' a disturbing amount lately.

hey I like NIN too!

head like a hole! black as your soul! I rather die!
than give you control!

this week I have mostly been lisening to things falling apart

Sweet! You got Things Falling Apart too? Me and my friend bought it the weekend it came out practically, and only for $10.
BTW I have Halos 2,5,8,9,14, and 16 (Being PHM, Broken, TDS, CTG, Fragile and TFA, respectivly).

Now you know...this is what it feels like...

Espi said:

They're not aesthetic they're just ugly junk. And they look powerful? Let me laugh. Ha Ha Ha. There. For chrissakes for example the doublebarreled shotgun looks more like a hairdryer if you wouldn't know what it's supposed to be.

Hmmm...some of those 'outlandish' weapons look great and make sense. The BFG(10k) for instance is big and glowing with energy just like, well, a B.F.G. powered with energy cells would look like. And then the Railgun is huge with emphasis on the horizontal, suggesting that it would shoot quickly and with a lot of power.
I do agree though that the weapons in Q3 do sorta suck, except for the gauntlet (just the concept, the model was a bit crappy).
heh...humiliation...me and my friends had a gauntlet-only match down at Wizards...heh...it was great...

Guest BEnT2440
danarchist said:

Sweet! You got Things Falling Apart too? Me and my friend bought it the weekend it came out practically, and only for $10.
BTW I have Halos 2,5,8,9,14, and 16 (Being PHM, Broken, TDS, CTG, Fragile and TFA, respectivly).

Now you know...this is what it feels like...

And me, I own 'em all! Except some of the earlier singles. *Cough*

The only problem with Things Falling Apart is that there are too many "versions" of Starfuckers Inc.

There's just too many 'versions' period. Now he's not even naming the remixes. Me thinks he's breathed his last breath of musical life.

Are you coughing because you want the earlier singles? The earlier singles are hardly anything worth owning, except the Sin disc which has Get Down Make Love, I actually do like that song. And Sin Short. But those early remixes were more like minor rearrangements than anything else.